1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Economic anxiety.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Are taunters of Kellyanne Conway breaking any laws?

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If you read the Jonathan Chait article with interest, you really should check out Marcy Wheeler's six parter.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

It would be fun to figure out who some of you are and follow you around, loudly talking shit about you every second you're in public. That would surely help fix our civility issues, right?

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Satire?

Parody?

Comedy?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

That's why we come on here ... so we can be polite in public.

And for the record, I served every single person who came to see me at Taco John's, regardless of political opinion (or level of drunkenness ...) :)

9. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

I don't believe "fetishize" is how I would describe most liberals' stance on abortion.

I'm very uncomfortable with the concept as a means of "casual" birth control, for lack of a better term. But I don't see a legitimate path to protecting women who were the victim of rape and incest without keeping the right to choose intact. I prefer to fight abortion through investment in education, comprehensive sex education and widely available birth control.

What's frustrating is that the Democratic party should have seen this end-run around Roe coming a light year away and seemed powerless to stop it. And with every Facebook post calling Mitch McConnell a hypocrite, the point sails over their heads and they move one step closer to the bottom falling out.

gingerbread likes this.
  10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Someone yesterday was asking about where is the line? That guy is clearly physically threatening that woman. I would have no problem with his getting laid out there.

And that cop should be fired.

OscarMadison, gingerbread and JC like this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Since Trump is turning this Supreme Court candidate choice into entertainment TV, he should invite all four of the "great" finalists and then vote three of them off the island, one by one.

Or look at the three losers and say, "You're fired!"

I'm sure the Founding Fathers he and his cult worship would heartily approve of government turned into reality TV.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The Running Man wasn't that far off, turns out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.