1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

"My president, right or wrong," used to be a common American slogan. It led to honest discussion and compromise.

Everything is polarized now. That leads to nothing but more trouble.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

From a purely practical point of view, I don't know why any TV exec would think it's wise to try to stake out a piece of public turf and have a live show. About anything. I've always been amazed at the location of the Today show set. (Haven't watched it in years, but I know I used to think somebody could just stand there and give a double bird and dart away.)

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Yes. I remember thevClinton presidency. The right gave Bill every opportunity. Rush didn’t start a countdown to Election Day on Clinton’s inauguration. Newt didn’t miss a beat in disrespecting him. Clinton had vices and virtues but the right never gave an inch of respect. McConnell said he would do everything to make Obama’s a one term president.

But no one in American history had been as terrible as trump. He has no redeeming value

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Slacker likes this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

This women getting shouted down excites you. Doesn't it?

#youresuchaphony

6. Slacker

I've had respect for every president in my lifetime. That includes Nixon and Carter. The Bushes and Clinton, too.

Full, hard stop for Fucko, though. He doesn't know the job, and he doesn't respect the job. Or the people. Fuck Trump.

heyabbott likes this.
  7. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I've thought about this every now and then. I cannot wait to read the inside story about this presidency once it ends (like "All the President's Men," which makes me wonder if someone from the NY Times or Washington Post will be making quite a bit of money someday). I wonder which of these smarmy fools inside the White House will come forth with the definitive recap of it.

Baron Scicluna and Slacker like this.
  8. Slacker

Same here. And the history books. I'll be probably be long gone, though.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

For those of you not scoring at home, a reminder Fox felt it necessary to report on the political leanings of the Capitol Gazette as it was under attack. I'm sure their feelings on attacks on journalists, including Trump pointing out where the press area is during his "rallies" will now change.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I missed it -- who did Putin nominate for the Supreme Court?

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It wasn’t long ago you bragged about how easy it was to ignore me. What happened? Do you need the attention?*

*Rhetorical question

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.