1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The 2010 census has Willowbrook at 22% white.
    I've driven or Blue Lined through Willowbrook hundreds of times. Not sure I have ever seen a white person there.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

[sad trombone sfx]

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Can we still blame Trump for this beating?

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Yeah, but the woman wasn’t wearing a MAGA hat, so it’s a disappointment."

Oh, c'mon, YF, that's such bullshit. Black, brown, white, Republican, Democrat, Nazi, Antifa... beating a ninety year old man in the head with a chunk of concrete is reprehensible. No one but you would try to turn it into an attack on Trump.

Nowhere in any post about it did I say *anything* political, let alone try to make it about Trump.

If I was going to blame it on anything, it would be racism. I've stood in line at the supermarket and heard black people say things about Mexicans that would have gotten my ass whipped had I said them about black folks.

OscarMadison and lakefront like this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So, why the fuck is this on the POLITICS thread?

It was an obvious attempt to show that Trump is inspiring white racists. Sadly, the facts didn't work out for the left.

This story will wilt away.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You already did or you wouldn't have posted that question, but you have to play games and act like an ass rather than having a legitimate discussion because even you know the Republicans were wrong in how they handled Garland. You certainly don't care that it was wrong because it worked and no tactic is too dishonest or slimy for you as long as it is a Republican using it.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't see it that way. The story is a little old man getting his head beat in and told "Go back to your own country". You're just playing the right wing snowflake.

Beating up a ninety year old man is a shitty thing to do, period.

Has Trump's attitude and policies made open racism much more common? I'd say yes... but nothing I said had a damn thing to do with Trump one way or the other till you started sniveling about it.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That, or given his love for reality TV, he wanted to mess with ratings for "The Bachelor."

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

lol, "I knew he'd open his big yap too often..."

I know he talks about the followers just like this. Actually when he made the "shoot somebody" comment, in a way he was saying they will accept anything. I know he must do it on a personal level too. Such as "did you see that fat cow in the crowd tonight?" etc. Some day, we will hear it.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    OscarMadison and Slacker like this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Does he not?

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Jesus, humanity fucks up sometimes. Give this planet to the dolphins to run.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.