1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He’s virtue signaling to the supporters of the Bundy clan.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Seems to have been some post-deleting from the tap-ists around here ...

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Did you hibernate for 8 years?

4. Guy_Incognito

This is interesting, and perfectly consistent with what he's been saying. Congress should legislate wise policy changes - and he had opinions on what those might be.

5. Guy_Incognito

I understood this as a veiled shot at Trump - that he didn't know anything himself, but that could just be me hearing what I want to hear.

garrow likes this.
  6. Guy_Incognito

If true, is it a scandal? If RBG did this with Obama, would we be upset?

7. Guy_Incognito

That's a good point.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The 8 years in which Obama was denigrated, disrespected, marginalized and treated like Stephen Miller at a sushi restaurant? No. I thought that was unnecessary to delineate. Besides, the trumpsters dont care. Inferior humanoids. I dont see why they get a vote, they aren’t human.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The problem is that the Congressional Party in power prefers a strong executive branch to legislate by executive order when POTUS is in the same party. It makes it easy to run for re-election when they dont have to do they heavy lifting.

Counter-intuitively, there are not enough House members. 435 has been the fixed number for 105 years. There were just under 98 million Americans in 1913, there are 325 million today.Quadruple the number of members andmake them more responsive to an even more local constituency.

10. Guy_Incognito

What the Republicans did to Garland was wrong, and I thought at the time, misguided strategy. I assumed that HRC would nominate someone to his left to punish them. I was obviously wrong on the second half, but it was still wrong even though they got away with it. Hard to shed too many tears for the Democrats because their disgraceful treatment of Bork set us down this road (and left us with Kennedy).

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. Guy_Incognito

Are you familiar with J Street?

12. Guy_Incognito

No, you mentioned President Obama.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.