1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Eli-tes.

2. Rainman

Rainman Well-Known Member

5 facts about crime in the U.S.

How do you want to measure the environment? Cleaner air? Cleaner rivers?

I said my kids learn on their iPod. They are in a program called SCVCS. VCS stands for virtual charter school. They still have teachers but it's all done at home over the computer. Not only is the school much better, it's much less of a tax burden for the county. I don't care that I'm saving tax money I only care it's the best education.

The examples I have were just small examples of why the future belongs to technology. It doesn't belong to a bunch of guys that went to Yale that central plan and administer and enforce. Those days are over man.

Obamacare proved what a disaster that way of thinking is. Everybody pays more. It cost the government billions and a few more people have insurance. Nothing efficient or revolutionary about that.

Because insurance rates rose so fast, teledoc emerged. You face time a doc from your house, he prescribes medicine, you pay him $40. Great system. No government planner could have ever thought of that.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

qed

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Telemedicine existed in the form of government programs years before ObamaCare.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Where did you copy this from?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

LOL, two sources? Where's the YF'ian outrage for them granting anonymity?

"Speak frankly about sensitive information" ??? LOL.

Shera Bechard, the Playboy Playmate who had an affair with a former Republican National Committee deputy finance chairman, Elliott Broidy, and later entered into a hush-money agreement with him, has never met or spoken to President Donald Trump, two sources familiar with the matter tell HuffPost.

The sources, who are unaffiliated with the president, asked not to be named in order to speak frankly about sensitive information.

melock likes this.
  8. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

People are talking

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Trump slams a weakened Germany as 'controlled by Russia' in blistering open to NATO summit

President Donald Trump followed up on a week of bashing NATO allies on Twitter with an in-person tirade against Germany's planned energy cooperation with Russia.

In a heated meeting in Brussels with the leaders of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, Trump claimed that Moscow basically controlled Berlin because of Germany's dependence on it for energy.

"It's very sad when Germany makes a massive oil and gas deal with Russia where we're supposed to be guarding against Russia, and Germany goes out and pays billions and billions of dollars a year from Russia," Trump told NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg at a working breakfast to open the summit.

"Germany is totally controlled by Russia," Trump said. "Because they're getting between 60 to 70% of their energy from Russia and a new pipeline."

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Lighthousing?

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

“Government planners” in the U.S. military have been developing and using telemedicine capabilities since at least the early 1990s.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.