1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

From what I can tell -- you can send him a PM for instance -- Starman isn't banned.

He just #WalkedAway.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Sounds like a wonderful standard for journalism."

Writing about known facts and making logical speculations about where the trail of breadcrumbs is leading? Sounds pretty normal to me.

I have said it many times now... Mueller's report is going to come out soon, and *his* report on all these times that Trump's people met with the Russians and then "forgot" about it when the FBI questioned then, all the electronic intercepts, all the reports from foreign intelligence services who were watching known Russian agents when they were contacted by members of Trump's circle - they won't be speculative or pieced together from partial information. They'll be nailed down tight, with emails and encrypted texts and recordings and testimony from witnesses, some of them from inside Trump's circle.

We'll see how that looks when the time comes. I continue to believe that Mueller will act on at least some of what he has well before the mid-term elections, most likely no later than the end of September. Just a couple of more months and we'll have more information. Remember too that both Manafort and Cohen are out there twisting in the wind, and that they may decide to try to mitigate their jail terms any time now.

qtlaw likes this.
  3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Dick received more warnings and second chances for his unhinged behaviour than Jared Kushner did trying to file his disclosure forms.

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Ima need to hear from two anonymous sources with no firsthand knowledge of the situation before I believe any of this.

SnarkShark likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

You're dumber than a fucking post.

By that standard, Pauk Krugman and the New York Times used the N-Word a couple of weeks ago:

Opinion | The Devil and Tom Donohue

Slacker likes this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Well, one difference here is that the Times is using an actual quote from Atwater.

Schnatter isn't quoting anything specific. He's just making an assertion.

Is it true? Did Sanders routinely use the n-word?

Who knows.

But Schnatter keeps shooting himself. If accurate, this was a terrible attempt at self-defense.

7. YankeeFan

Might be a terrible self-defense, but if you use a word, when quoting someone else, or attributing its use to someone else, that's very different than just using it in casual conversation.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sure. So is the word 'niggardly' - but this is the world we made.

If Schnatter can't defend himself when asked about race in 2018 without using using the n-word he's too stupid to run a business.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

A look at that conference call:

[​IMG]

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"You know you shit the bed in there."

Hermes likes this.
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But I think it's gonna be a long, long time, despite having a handshake.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Art of the deal!

Ask Vera Coking what a great negotiator Trump is.

vera-coking-house-940px.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.