1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Employer.
    And if the 30 million newly insured were unemployed people who suddenly had access to health insurance, that's great. But:
    1) I doubt 30 million people all fell into that category based solely on statistical probability
    2) If you're unemployed and have access to health insurance, that's great. If you're unemployed and now must have health insurance and another added expense every month, especially in an Obama-era economy that seemed stagnant where it was hard to find jobs, that's not so great.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

You have no idea what you're talking about. Enjoy your company health plan, though.

heyabbott likes this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Do you ask drive thru girl at Mcdonalds to diagnose your child’s illness? What possible insights or entertainment value could you get from your query?

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

But Obama ... what about Obama ... but Obama ... what about Obama ... but Obama ... what about Obama.

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart says hi.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Nobody wants to see that weasel Cruz lose more than me. But I just can't see it happening. A 5-6 point loss would be a step forward for Texas Dems. But in the end, still a loss." ~ Deskgrunt50

Well, if Beto really did raise $10.6M in the last three months, that means that he's getting support from both inside and outside of Texas. Having that kind of money to spend on political advertising will force Cruz to spend his own money instead of coasting. It makes for a legit race.

Few people seem to really like Cruz. He's got an R after his name in a mostly red state, but that's not a sure thing. Beto has a better chance than I expected him to. We'll see. I wouldn't put money on his winning, but I don't think he is certain to lose, either.

qtlaw and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Putin probably has Trump thinking that they can blow NATO apart and then team up and take over the world.

Trump is stupid enough to think he and Putin would be partners. Putin would then turn on Trump and eviscerate him.

It's scary how much this makes more sense every passing week. If only Putin could find a puppet ..

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nice to see things go down this way.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have no idea what you're talking about or where you're going with that, either, so let's both just back away slowly and move on to another dumb argument. There's plenty to pick from 'round these parts.

11. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I was just reminded that I was hammered at this concert.

Did something incredibly stupid. I made amends.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Forgot, I will be using a hammer drill tomorrow. Home improvement project.

Works much better on concrete and brick than a regular drill. Power, power power.

Carry on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.