1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"Banana Republican" - I think I'll use that...

Deskgrunt50 and Fred siegle like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Like her or not, she really nails what's happening here.

lakefront likes this.
  3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

In a burst of genuine feeling that I'm sure will be turned against me somehow or dismissed with some wry collection of six or seven syllables: You used to explain things here, especially if someone showed a willingness to learn. I don't know if it's the state of the board, or if it's the summertime, or if it's life, or if it's the political climate, or if you do it for a job so you don't feel like doing it here, but now you basically call people stupid, or dismiss them as morons, and you don't bother saying why or how they're wrong, or why or how they might be made more right. You took some shot at my mortgage math yesterday; I explained where I got it from; @poindexter explained how it might work differently, and now we all understand each other and the situation better. But with no help from you.

One of the great things about this board, apart from meeting good and interesting people, is that I learn something here almost every day. I'm given a story to read, or a way to look at a sport differently, or taught how to navigate a tough spot in life or be a little bit better at something at which I would like to be better. And in the past I've learned things from you. But lately, you just knock people, employing condescension as your principal form of hollow intellectual triumph, and I don't know why that's happened, but I'm sorry that it has, and I wish that it hadn't.

That's my inside heater, right there. Take it for a ball, 1-0, and you'll be on your way to a hitter's count.

5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Stabbing the UK in the back to own the libs is just what West Virginia coal miners and economically anxious people need.

garrow, BadgerBeer, Webster and 3 others like this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Daily News hits it out of the park here. At least for now. Things may change between now and early October. Walgreens are still quite capable.
    Kavanaugh’s personal debt and his habit of spending so much money on baseball tickets is likely to come up during his confirmation hearings this fall. Since the Nationals are currently in third place in the NL East, Kavanaugh likely won’t have to worry about missing any of their playoff games.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Not taking sides here, but I just got back from volleyball nationals and a player from another team said to one of my coaches, complaining about his coach: "he always tells me I'm doing something wrong, but he never tells me how to do it right." I think we can all take a lesson from that. Doc, you're one of my favorite posters when it comes to your areas of expertise. please keep explaining things, not just telling people they are stupid. And please don't take this the wrong way, I really like the helpful doc, especially in areas I'm not great in.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I have certainly learned that all Canadians aren't as nice as I previously thought. Well, except that guy in Sherbrooke. He was a dick.

10. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

@Huggy is a gem. @Sea Bass, not so sure.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

@YankeeFan: Your expert analysis, please ...

@YankeeFan: Your expert analysis, please ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.