1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

My goodness. The Strzok hearing was such a stupid waste of time and money. Nothing was gained, and nothing was meant to be gained. Total Republican masturbation only meant to muddy the waters of a legitimate investigation. It's criminal in compliance.

No other description other than a complete farce.

Louie Gohmert is a total disgrace and unworthy of having a political office. Would the "honorable" Mr. Gohmert ask the same question of the buffoon he's trying to protect? Of course not.

Honestly, between this crap and the disgraceful performance by Trump at the NATO meeting, how did the Republican party become a willing tool of Russia?

It's a big-picture question. Putin/Russia — just a competitor. NATO is bad.

Republicans a few years ago would a have rightly lost their minds. Now? They stand for everything they used to hate.

Deplorable? Cult? Spineless?

Hard to argue with any or all of those descriptions.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

My goodness, if it's fun to be an ass, you should be ecstatic.

3. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Sometimes the circle of history is just, well... silly?

Rinat Akhmetshin, a Russian-American lobbyist, has just filed a libel suit against Bill Browder. The latter is a businessman who's alleged that Akmetshin is a Russian spy who met Trump campaign official on behalf of Putin.

Bill Browder is the grandson of Earl Browder. Grandpa was the longtime head of the American Communist Party and was also alleged to be a Russian spy....

Russian attendee at Trump Tower meeting sues Putin critic Browder

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

“Republican” has become an ironic term, seeing as how Congressional Republicans are an active threat to the legitimacy of the republic for which they supposedly stand.

OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  5. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

The only - but very good - reason that Theresa May still has her job is because no one else in her party wants it.

Reminding rebel MPs that they'd have to deal with Trump - as well as Brexit - has kept her "safe" for at least a few more months.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A day devoted to seeing who has the biggest hands, instead of turning on the power in Puerto Rico, fixing the water in Flint, making the schools safer or coming up with a better health care plan.'

And this is why we can't have nice things.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Well in all honesty they’re not really interested in any of those things so doing of them would be a waste of time, too.

Deskgrunt50 and HanSenSE like this.
  9. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Nope. Like many (most? all?) things you say, this is wrong. Of course it’s harder to win an appeal on a factual issue, because the trial court gets deference—unlike an issue of law, which is reviewed de novo. But the claim “that any appeal has to be a matter of law” is just false.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

That... that's my job.

HC and Vombatus like this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I’m sorry you took the mortgage math crack as an insult. It wasn’t meant as such. Rather, it was meant as a lighthearted, “You maybe wanna think about that again?”

As far as the rest of yours goes ... Like all of us, I go through spells in which I’m more interested in doing X than in doing Y or Z. Maybe I’m going through my own “blue period” (a la Picasso). I don’t have any particular expertise on the things being bandied about ‘round here of late (unfortunately, those who do have such are too intimidating to the, ahem, powers that be), so the opportunities to play pedagogue are scarce.

I should emphasize, however, that I certainly doing take my knocking those whose stock-in-trade is the odd “fedruhl” or “Jefferson Beauregard Secessions III” as any sort of intellectual triumph; 1-seeds don’t celebrate their inevitable victories over 16s like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.