1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Jake Tapper played a clip of this on his show this morning.

It doesn't appear that Acosta was ever called on.

Trump calls on Roberts, Acosta tries to muscle in, and Trump shuts him down, before returning to Roberts.

Acosta and CNN are not entitled to a question.

If some right wing news org -- lets say the Daily Caller -- had interrupted a question from CNN to President Obama, and Obama ignored the question, returning to the CNN reporter, would people be criticizing Obama, and championing the Daily Caller reporter?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  2. Human_Paraquat

Human_Paraquat Well-Known Member

“... and a rudimentary knowledge of mortars”

“Turn your first grader into a first grenader.”

This isn’t really about the gun debate. It’s about how these whores have no soul and will say anything in the name of furthering an agenda.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Judge for yourself.

And it's not just who asks or gets the question, it's that fucking 'fake news' thing again.

President Trump Refuses Question CNN Calling Fake News

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Now do Ocasio-Cortez.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Meaning . . .?

7. YankeeFan

Who claimed he was?

He talked about being inspired by his mother. He really does go to mass, serve meals to the homeless, participate in the carpool, and coach his daughters' CYO basketball team.

And, while it looks like his family's wealth came late into his childhood, I never heard a claim that he grew up poor.

Sure, his financial position may have allowed him to put off a bigger pay day, and to take a second federal judge clerkship, which led to his SCOTUS clerkship with Kennedy, but does that make him anymore privileged than your average white guy who gets an internship with Graydon Carter?

There's still no evidence that he was "carrying" that much debt. He had it at the time he filled out a specific form. It was not included on subsequent filings.

So, maybe it was paid off as soon as he was reimbursed for the Nats tickets by his buddies. Maybe he paid it off when he remortgaged his house. Or, maybe his parents gave him the money.

For estate planning purposes alone, his folks probably should be giving him the minimum annual tax-free gift, which would have been about $12,000 in 2006.

But, knowing more about his financial situation, it's even more clear he was never in any serious financial jeopardy.[/QUOTE]

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I didn't say that. I said that I didn't believe she had been threatened by protestors, but that you did, because you're a Fox-watching simpleton, you muppet.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

10. YankeeFan

She literally was portrayed as a poor, scrappy girl from the Bronx, when it turns out her dad was an architect, who moved the family to Westchester before she could read.

They also somehow held onto the apartment in the Bronx the entire time, allowing her to move back into it when she graduated college.

That makes me wonder if they fraudulently held onto a rent controlled apartment. Either that, or they owned two homes, and rented one out.

Doesn't sound to me like she struggled growing up.

11. YankeeFan

12. YankeeFan

Give me a break on the fake news thing.

CNN, and Acosta in particular, view themselves as opponents of the President. They aren't some impartial chroniclers of the days events. If they want to spar with the president, he gets to spar back.

And, CNN has made some very bad reporting mistakes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.