1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Vombatus likes this.
  2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Clearly that was being hidden from the public!

Meet the young progressive Latina trying to oust one of the most powerful Democrats in the House

Ocasio-Cortez has no such connections. Born in the Bronx to a large Puerto Rican family, her father had been a lifelong New Yorker, while her mother moved to the city at age 23 from Puerto Rico.

At a young age, her family moved to suburban Yorktown, New York, and her father commuted to his architecture business in the Bronx. The rest of her extended family, including many of her cousins and other close relatives, remained in the Bronx.

- Feb. 28, 2018

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

no

jr/shotglass and HanSenSE like this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I haven’t watched Fox News in well over (more than) a decade. And nowadays, even if I wanted to, I’m too busy raising kids. #MD

SpeedTchr likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

I thought that was your affectionate term for me!

I feel so betrayed. How many others have you been using that term with?

SpeedTchr likes this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The reporter interrupted the reading of a written statement, did he not?

7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

How am I supposed to show you evidence? Also, why would I make this up?

He PM'd me twice more last night. He's using an account he created in 2008 under his real name, so I can't announce what the account is. Also my understanding is that linking accounts is viewed as outing. I'm still not clear what's the protocol on posting PMs, but I'm happy to post them in the entirety if it wouldn't get me banned.

Maybe an hour after my last PM from Dick I received a PM from a new account, claiming to be a moderator posting under a pseudonym because he's scared of another moderator. That PM used my real name to address me, claimed that YF and Dick were assets to the board, and that Dick would soon be back posting here, because the owner of the site is sympathetic to the situation. It also said I would be banned if I revealed any more PMs.

I suspect it's another part of the ongoing drama case that is Dick Whitman, resident suburban lawyer, message-board asset, and full-on fucking psycho.

I'm now going to watch the World Cup final with my boy.

8. YankeeFan

And, he would have been supported if he'd interrupted Jim Acosta? Let's be real about this.

9. YankeeFan

LOL. Sure you did.

You really love making up drama, don't you?

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Well, I guess we know who sent me that PM.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.