1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

He interrupted the President while the President was reading a statement. Serious breach of etiquette.

That's why Obama didn't call on him.

Interrupting the president mid-speech is considered a serious breach of etiquette, and Obama's reaction shows how peeved (and probably taken aback) he was. Munro, and the Daily Caller, have immediately come in for harsh criticism by a wide range of journalists, including conservative ones. The problem isn't that Munro was asking tough questions; it's that he interrupted the commander-in-chief to ask them and in doing so guaranteed that none of the assembled press would be able to ask any serious questions -- since it's fairly clear that Munro's query was intended as provocation.

Video of the Day: Daily Caller Reporter Interrupts Obama Press Conference

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Insulting our longtime allies to own the libs!

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. You realize that he graduated High School over more than 30 years ago, right? Like college education costs, the costs of Catholic prep schools has outpaced inflation, especially as they have fewer and fewer priests as faculty members.

B. I went to a similar high school, and I can guarantee you that I didn't grow up wealthy.

C. Parents, especially committed Catholic parents, make sacrifices so that their kids can receive a Catholic education. My parents put six of us through Catholic school. Kavanaugh's parents only had to pay for one.

6. YankeeFan

Yes. I understand this.

And, Acosta interrupted Roberts.

You don't get to ask a question at a presidential press conference unless you're called on.

7. Vombatus

8. Vombatus

The whole problem here is being respectful and professional about it.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Living in the DC burbs for 40years I love going to the Mall and touring DC, the monuments and museums. We go a few times a year just to walk around, we take our time in the museums since we always come back. We did that yesterday. Parked near the Old Ezecutive Office Building, walked in front the North Portico of the White House and started at the museum of American History. We haven’t been there in years, it was closed for 3years for renovations.

I can’t tell you how sad and depressed it made me, seeing Trump’s name on the time line that began with Washington Adams Jefferson throughLincoln, Teddy, FDR and Obama was horrific. Seeing Melania’s Dress in the same exhibit with real First Ladies, not the 3rd place trophy wife of some failed businessman turned gameshow host.

We saw Washington’s battle Map of Yorktown, Andrew Jackson’s uniform coat and sword, the table and chairs from Appomattox Courthouse. We saw a collection of Medal’s of Honor and a Posthumous Purple Heart earned on the USS Arizona on 12/7/41.

It was just depressing that trump is included.

We walked to the WWII memorial, it’s not my favorite memorial but it commemorates practically the last time, and maybe the only time, that the nation was truly united. and then to the Lincoln Memorial. No matter how many time I’ve seen it, it still impresses and saddens me. Reading the Gettysburg Address and Lincoln’s 2nd Inuagural on the walls of the memorial was depressing and enlightening before trump. But now, it’s not as if every president could write those words, because no one since has ever composed such words as President. But knowing that Trump has never read a word of them in his life and that he wouldn’t understand them even if he could read them was heartbreaking.

The DC monuments and memorials always meant what out country was, is and could be; our growth and our promise of being better for the future and for everyone,

Now? It’s a collective memorial to america’s Failure. Obama, the nation’s last President of the United States, trump is the CEO of America, a subsidiary of Putin Enterprises, LLC.

10. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Even lies about where his parents were born.

11. YankeeFan

We were united after 9/11, but then Democrats began undermining our military efforts in Iraq, and openly rooting for defeat, hoping it would help them politically.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We were united after 9/11, but the Republicans began invading a nation that had nothing to do with the attack and turning war over to mercenaries and profiteers, hoping it would help them financially.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.