1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nah. It’s not soccer where a two goal lead has been overcome once in 120 years.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The only art that matters is the Art of the Deal.

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Great now Sean Hannity or Alex Jones will be awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The United States does not have an extradition treaty with Russia (and about 85 other nations).

So much for the "bound by oath of office" demands, OK?

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Can we get Snowden?

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Many believe that Putin could do that, just to give Trump a "victory" he can strut about back home.

Songbird likes this.
  7. YankeeFan

This should be fun:

lakefront likes this.
  8. YankeeFan

No puppet:

Then Trump added: "I’ve already increased defense spending, modernized our nuclear weapons...We can do more, so if you want to do an arms race you’ll lose."

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

False. These are two separate issues. It's one thing to say the guy is wrongly imprisoned or worthy of parole. Maybe that's true. If that's the deal, Bannon could have said, "He shouldn't be in prison" at left it at that. But he didn't. He praised this cretin in general, saying he's the backbone of the country.
    In so doing, he launched a general defense of someone who has said several wretched but typically Trumpist things.
    Defending hatred of Islam is a Trumpist trait.
    I could only reasonably be called an apologist for rape of young girls if I claimed that Robinson was justly imprisoned and that all critics of his imprisonment are awful. That's not what I said or meant. I am criticizing your boy Bannon for a full-throated, general defense of Robinson.

“He and I disagree about the religion of Islam, okay?” Bannon added. “But I don’t think Tommy’s a bad guy. I think he’s a solid guy, and I think he’s got to be released from prison.”

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

franticscribe and Slacker like this.
  11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Hey, these are the guys who aided Trump's campaign. Certainly he will bring it up in Helsinki.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.