1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

But, enough about that. tell us more about the PMs you've received in the last 24 hours.

2. YankeeFan

Trump is lot taller than Putin. If they both used the same seat, and it was sized for Trump, Putin's legs would be dangling.

Besides, look at how Trump won this exchange. Putin leaned over further than trump did.

Songbird and Stoney like this.
  3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Luuuuuuuuullllllzzzzzzz.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If Trump would lay off the KFC and McD's and walk the course during his hundreds of rounds of golf per year, he might be able to lean farther than he did.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

In other words, she'll get along with Republicans just fine.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Remind me again, @YankeeFan, what proof you have that the GOP is not complicit?

7. YankeeFan

Bourdain, in his final interview, rips the Clintons.

Should we have gotten rid of Bill Clinton after the Lewinsky scandal?

No.

Really?!

Bill Clinton, look, the bimbo eruptions—it was fucking monstrous. That would not have flown today. A piece of shit. Entitled, rapey, gropey, grabby, disgusting, and the way that he—and she—destroyed these women and the way that everyone went along, and, and are blind to this! Screamingly apparent hypocrisy and venality. How you can on the one hand howl at the moon about all these other predators. And not at least look back. OK, let’s say, well, it was all consensual: powerful men, starstruck women, okay fine, let’s accept it at its most charitable interpretation. Fine. He is a very charming man, I met him, he’s fucking magnetic.

Wow, yeah. I’ve never seen anything like him.

As is she. When you’re in the room, you think wow, she’s really warm and nice and funny. But the way they efficiently dismantled, destroyed, and shamelessly discredited these women for speaking their truth.

Yeah.

… is unforgivable.

Unforgivable. Why didn’t we get rid of them? We should’ve gotten rid of them back then.

No… no, look. I think – I don’t think he should’ve been thrown out of office for this.

Why not? We want people who are of excellent character to be in that office.

I think you recognize people for what they are, and you determine for yourself, I’m not voting for that motherfucker ever again! Or anybody who enabled him, you know? This product, okay, I voted for it, it’s in. Is this grounds for pulling someone out of office? I don’t think so.

What if we did have those kind of standards? We want a person who is like, honorable.

I would look at this way. I would never under any circumstances vote for Bill Clinton today. But I think impeaching the guy over Lewinsky was ridiculous. Particularly given today.

It was the shaming, discrediting, undermining the women that made both of them unsuitable for any future endeavors. I don’t think they should’ve pulled him from office.

The Anthony Bourdain Interview

8. YankeeFan

So, the GOP is complicit, because they didn't want Obama to publicly criticize Russia, in a way that would have certainly been political, and would have influenced the election?

I don't get it.

This is all after the fact. The Obama administration -- along with Podesta and the DNC -- should have done more to prevent what happened.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Lying or dementia?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Not in the way you think it is, but we're used to you having to catch up even when you aren't claiming that you have to catch up.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

Still not sure how in 2018, the worst thing a liberal can think to call you is a homosexual.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.