1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

They did try to hack the GOP. Yes.

Signs are, they didn't get in.

Podesta and the DNC apparently fell for very simple phishing attempts.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

And to think that I thought that "I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy. We had a very good dialogue. I was able to get a sense of his soul; a man deeply committed to his country and the best interests of his country" was incredibly stupid and gullible.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'd point out that we don't get that moment-- which is the real Donald Trump -- without "the enemy of the people" in the room having asked a question that got Trump to show the world exactly what he is, once again.

When another one of those enemies of the people asked Trump who he believes US Intelligence or Vladmir Putin, and if with the whole world watching he'd denounce what happened in 2016. . . . Trump immediately began babbling about the FBI taking servers and the Democratic National Committee and Hilary Clinton's e-mails and sundry other conspiracy theories, or disgraces as he calls them when he starts going. What he didn't do? Denounce Russia or acknowledge any misconduct.

Americans should be seeing that. Whether they pay attention and assign it the significance it deserves, is up to them. It saddens me that many won't. But still. ... Those moments, which were the embodiment of what this country has done to itself. . . . were made possible by free people who were free to ask unfettered questions. Without those enemies of the people, we may as well be living under Vladimir Putin while he plunders the country and nobody at least tries to hold him to account. Actually strike that. Putin may be a dangerous, larcenous thug. But he's not a blithering idiot.

OscarMadison, Inky_Wretch and garrow like this.
  6. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I can’t believe none of us remember when @YankeeFan was all-in on Obama’s handling of Putin during his time in office. The posting history is there and it is clear. Come on, all.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump is anti-Semantic

OscarMadison, Sea Bass and HanSenSE like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Weaver was the chief strategy on Huntsman's 2012 presidential campaign.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Sure they didn't.

lakefront likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I just called Trump naive in his dealings with Putin.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.