1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Tweet was at 12:08 PM and said "so far."

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

"Compared to the president* on Monday, Neville Chamberlain was Conan the Barbarian. In an unprecedented exercise in national self-abasement, the president* threw the American system of justice, the credibility of the intelligence community, and both Robert Mueller and Hillary Clinton into the woodchipper in order to keep faith with a former KGB thug who leads a failing kleptocracy who, just as an added fillip, and right at the end of their mutually disgraceful fandango, issued a non-denial denial of whether or not his government has compromising material on the president*. He's a laff riot, is our Vlad."

President Trump's Summit with Vladimir Putin Shows We're in a Crisis with One Constitutional Solution

heyabbott likes this.
  5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Even more importantly: A large percentage of this country believed Fox News, talk-radio backed conspiratorial nonsense, and though the best solution was to elect a moron to be President.

Hillary Clinton could be the most evil, corrupt politician of all time, but that still didn't impart of Donald Trump the requisite knowledge to serve as the chief diplomat for the most powerful country in the world.

Republican voters failed all of us.

OscarMadison, heyabbott and garrow like this.
  6. Neutral Corner

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

There have been countless related tweets regarding the meeting since the Mueller indictments. Ignoring those and using that small window to show that THE GOP DOESN’T CARE BECAUSE I ONLY FOUND ONE TWEET “SO FAR!” is disingenuous. Effective, though, for people who aren’t paying attention.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You need new material.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

You need new values. .... might I suggest something deeper than, "WE SHOWED THOSE LIBS!"

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

All I said was the minority of voters won. They got what they wanted.Its an affirmative action presidency. Affirmative Action is legal where it is redress for systemic disparate impact discrimination. I never said it was illegal or wrong. I stated an absolute fact. Those who voted for another candidate had more votes than trump. The combined votes for other candidates totaled more than 50% of all votes cast. Whether it was a fair vote or not, is debatable.
    The Democrats did fuck up, they nominated Hillary Clinton, who was a corpse of a candidate after 20 years of right wing propaganda. In her own right she was an empty suit with a solid resume. Trump was a many times over failed businessman and star of a gameshow.
    The electoral college is fine with me. It was easier for Russia to buy 3-4 swing states than let the popular vote in those states prevail.
    Sorry, but if you think Trump won the game as it was played you are wrong. Russia won the game that was played. Trump is a Schnook that was along for the ride. I don’t believe trump conspired with the Russians. He and his whole fucking family are too stupid to carry it out. The Russians tried to discredit the election. They gave trump some ammunition and coorordinated their actions with trump’s campaign. Trump didn’t have the brains or the organization to devise and carry out the Russian plan. They were mostly unwitting dupes. They were just able to coordinate their shitshow circus with Russia who arranged Wikileaks dumps. And the American press played along.
    And still trump is a minority elected president. And fuck Jill Stein and Ralph Nader for have egos even trump cant imagine.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    OscarMadison likes this.
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I’m so much smarter than you.

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.