1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Voters have shown they don't have attention spans longer than a few words. Dems do what you say, and get accused of talking down to the voters.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Trump aides face calls to resign after president’s appearance with Putin

Top aides to President Donald Trump faced calls from critics to resign after the U.S. leader publicly sided with Russian President Vladimir Putin and against the U.S. intelligence community over charges that Moscow interfered in the 2016 election.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Defense Secretary James Mattis, Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats and national security adviser John Bolton were among the officials who political commentators and lawmakers said should quit their posts over the president's seeming submission to Putin during a joint news conference Monday.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Since trump as president can declassify any intelligence report just by revealing it, giving out the location of nuclear submarines that he may have provided to putin today is not a breach of security, right?

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Tough one for Trumpists here. Their boy Putin faces tough questions from Fox News and effectively admits he’s a killer.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. JC

JC Well-Known Member

@YankeeFan and @BTExpress can collaborate to answer this one.

Slacker likes this.
  8. melock

melock Well-Known Member

The best.

Inky_Wretch and tapintoamerica like this.
  9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

The large majority started by winning the popular vote.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ugh. Why does he say stuff like this?

And I know that there have been folks out there who suggest somehow that if we went out there and made big announcements and thumped our chests about a bunch of stuff, that somehow that would potentially spook the Russians... He denies it. So the idea that somehow public shaming is gonna be effective, I think doesn't read the -- the thought process in Russia very well.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Obama’s fault!

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I've answered it multiple times. Might as well be speaking to my doorknob.

Neither the family nor the friends of Anna Politkovskaya blame Putin for her murder. What do YOU (or Chris Wallace) know that they do not know?

Stephen Cohen explained it broadly in his book, "Soviet Fates and Lost Alternatives". I can only recommend that you read it. I cannot make you do so.

Writing about the oligarchical system . . .

"A characteristic and poorly interpreted feature of the system is Russia's endemic corruption, both official and private, and the violence accompanying it. The shadowy, illicit procedures and contract murders that fostered the birth of the oligarchy spread with the new system. As a result, corruption also now deprives Russia of billions of dollars and the efficiency needed for modernization. Meanwhile, most of the frequent assassinations of journalists and other crimes, usually attributed to the Kremlin, are actually commissioned by corrupt "businessmen" and officials against reporters who have gotten too close to their commercial secrets."
    --- Soviet Fates and Lost Alternatives, Page 205

So you can either believe one of the world's most knowledgeable Russian scholars . . . or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.