1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Should have been. The first attack on the WTC had already occurred by 1995.

And, let’s not pretend Russia/Putin “changed” either. Romney was right. Just say it.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The only thing this post is missing is “If you disagree, UNFRIEND ME!!!!!!!!”

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

...but equal.

4. YankeeFan

There's definitely some truth to this.

But, it goes against the theory that he's a TRAITOR!!!1!!1!

5. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I'm willing to accept that Donald Trump is too stupid to realize he's acting against the interests of his own country on behalf of a Russian dictator.

And somehow, you think this makes it all OK, which is weird.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Didn't Hannity and Trump have the same lawyer at some point?

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This whole thread of photos of the Russian operative posing with GOPers and NRAers is amazing. My grandfather was a lifetime NRA member. So is my father. They never got this kind of access. She must have been spreading those rubles pretty thick to get into the inner sanctum.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nobody said anything about Putin/Russia "changing." ISIS was the most important foe in 2012.

9. YankeeFan

Trump doesn't prepare for meetings the way you'd like. We've all known that.

He thinks he's the big picture guy, who can forge the relationship with his peer, allowing for a deal to get done.

This is why in both the North Korea meeting and the Russian meeting, there was no real agenda, or goal. It was about forging a relationship, and others would work on specifics, once the principles had gotten together.

Now, criticize that way of thinking all you want. It might not work in these circumstances. It might even be naive, but it's how trump has operated his entire career, and he's convinced it works.

Nothing about this strategy indicates treason, or that Russia is holding something over him.

10. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I guess for you, it's better to admit you voted for an unqualified moron instead of admitting you voted for a Russian agent.

lakefront and Slacker like this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

Obama, his aides, and the media mocked the very idea that Russia was a "geo-political" foe. (The 1980's called, and wants its foreign policy back.)

What Romney understood was that Russia, while not confronting us directly, was working against our interests, across the globe, including in the Middle East.

And, this is something Trump does understand as well. He thinks that if he can gain Putin's trust, not embarrass him publicly (second rate power), and treat hi with respect, that perhaps Russia will stop working against us behind the scenes, and may even work with us in Syria.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.