1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That wasn't some kind of putdown, meant for laughs. It was legitimate speculation, based on what we saw from her, that was requested of me.

Oh, and my mom's had MS for 20 years. It's not something I would joke about. It can be a devastating disease.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Yes, I edited my earlier post to include the president among the dumbshits who sound mind-numbingly stupid peddling this “theory.”

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The empathy was as palpable then as the sincerity is now.

melock likes this.
  4. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Can't we investigate this for at least as long as we investigated Benghazi or Whitewater?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You don't know what the IC knows or doesn't know, what evidence it has or hasn't uncovered.

6. YankeeFan

OK. So, the IC has clear evidence that our President has been compromised by a foreign adversary, and they're sitting on it?

That's absurd.

They would take that info to Congress immediately, so that impeachment could begin.

7. Inky_Wretch

When kicking around Red Dawn scenarios in my head, the destruction of the Internet-connected infrastructure looms pretty large the past few years. You don't need a nuke to destroy a city, just a few great hackers and a version of Stuxnet.

8. YankeeFan

You would think that mutually assured destruction would prevent a rational actor from taking such a step.

Maybe a terror organization or rogue nation would attempt something along those lines -- if they had the capability -- but a nation like Russia would probably not.

9. Inky_Wretch

Again ... You don't know what the IC knows or doesn't know, what evidence it has or hasn't uncovered.

You are making assumptions because you aren't seeing things in public. You could be correct. But you could also be wrong. You can't say for certain.

10. YankeeFan

What would you think about our IC, and Mueller, if they had such evidence, and held it, while Trump went ahead and held private meetings with Putin?

Wouldn't they be derelict in their duties?

With all the leaks the media has received, we really think Peter Strzok, who was determined to prevent Trump from becoming president, wouldn't leak this to someone?

This information would hold? It's unthinkable. Literally, it's unthinkable. You can't possibly believe this.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They mirrored the server, pulled down all the files so that they could be examined. You don't have to take physical possession of the computer box to do this.

Any of you ever have a 'puter problem at work and IT logs into your box and fixes it? Same thing, except that they copy all the files for forensic examination.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I think that they are waiting for the season finale, so that they can use the impeachment announcement as a bit of a cliffhanger.

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.