1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

LOL.

Like Trump's defenders ever have a problem reversing course on a dime.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"Would" vs. "Wouldn't"

That's the best backpeddling they could come up with? Shit, we got a lapdog right here, Yankee Fan, on this board who could come up with better excuses than that. Hell, there is even a chance that QYFW, who is Yankee Fan's dimmer, less interesting cohort, could come up with better excuse making.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Spelling counts!

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

lakefront and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. poindexter

I just can't get it out of my head that Obama wore a tan suit one time. And had mustard on his burger. And drank light beer (maybe it was even non alcoholic beer) when he had a talk with Joe Q Public over beers.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

This is a fantastic Freudian slip, since it applies to Fucko and his daily revisions of his personal history.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Mueller is asking for immunity for 5 witnesses who are set to testify against Paul Manafort.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

See, this is what actual journalists do when they screw up. They correct it an apologize. I fell for it and I should not have. I admit my error.

Now, let’s do all of Fox and the Seth Rich story. Your move.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

But, with the help of thoughts and prayers, the nation survived.

11. poindexter

Not an hour ago, the President decided to lie about his fuck up, instead of coming clean about his fuck up.

SnarkShark likes this.
  12. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

One inherent aspect of nation-states is that, at some point, one has to pick a "team." You can't play for—or root for—two teams, especially if they're rivals.

When you (and others—hi, Rand Paul!) go on the "we all do it, so it's no big deal" riff, it strikes me as the equivalent of a football head coach deciding not to play any defense. Here's the coach's presser:

"So what if the Red Bears scored four touchdowns on us last game? Don't we try to score on them too? Of course we do. Why, just a few years ago we scored FIVE touchdowns on them. On the last one, we spiked the ball and then WENT FOR TWO! That was before I got hired, when I beat out 17 great candidates.

Believe you me, we try to score touchdowns on every team we play. We all do it. You think we're so innocent?

Therefore, we won't worry about playing defense against the Red Bears. We're not going to watch film of the last game to see how their offense was successful, and we won't prepare our defense for the next game. If they score on us, that's fine, because they're just trying to win the game for their team. I don't worry about what they do.

I think I can have a very good relationship with Coach P of the Red Bears. I like him, and I think he likes me. I think it's better for us to get along. I don't consider him an adversary. Just a competitor.

In fact, he just made what I think is a very generous offer. He would be willing to have his coaches sit with our coaches and go through our playbook and all the scouting we have on them to date, and help us wherever he can."

Trump is basically the head coach of Team America. I'd like for him to get fired and replace him with a new coach next "season." We'll see what happens.

But I root for Team America. What team are you on?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.