1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The russian spy knew all the big wigs.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

She got to ring the liberty bell at the 2014 NRA convention. How Red, White and Blue!!
    [​IMG]

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Holy shit it must take a truly special person to continue to defend this imbecile.

garrow likes this.
  5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Look, we all misspeak repeatedly and convincingly over the course of nearly two years.

6. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

So, Trump tries to correct one word of one sentence? Does he realize the other things he said? And that it was recorded?

Well, I’m convinced! Heckuva job, Comm Team. I’d say they should all be fired, but no qualiifed people will work there.

8. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I don't even get why Trump thinks that "wouldn't" cleans anything up. Even taking that at face value, at very best, it's a mealy-mouthed "maybe the Intelligence Committee is right, who knows?" Think about it:

IC: [Last 20 months] It was definitely Russia.
    Special Counsel: [Last Friday] Not only was it definitely Russia, but here are names and serial numbers of the Russian soldiers involved.
    Trump: [his "cleaned-up" version]: I don't see why it wouldn't be Russia.

That's all he can say, even in this absurd "what I really meant" statement? Even giving him the benefit of the doubt (that is absurd on its face), he STILL couldn't simply say: "It was definitely Russia."

It was definitely Russia.

Is that so hard?

For him to be splicing this one word, as if that would actually fix anything even if we believed he meant "wouldn't," is just so, so dumb.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, it's more like the coach deciding NOT TO PITCH A HISSYFIT if the opposing team plays defense. Because he knows it's in that team's best interests to play defense, too. Deciding not to petition the NCAA (and others—hi, EU) to sanction the opposing team for playing defense. Because how can you in good conscience sanction someone for doing THE EXACT SAME THING YOU'RE DOING?

There is no planet where you can justify, "Well, we've interfered in 81 elections over the past half-century and will not accept any blowback, but there's going to be hell to pay if someone interferes in ours."

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This seems important.

11. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

WHATABOUT WHATABOUT WHATABOUT WHATABOUT

:p

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.