1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

How many times are we supposed to play this game where we give reporters credit for admitting to their egregious mistakes, instead of focusing on the egregious mistake?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Last March, Podesta received an email purportedly from Google saying hackers had tried to infiltrate his Gmail account. When an aide emailed the campaign’s IT staff to ask if the notice was real, Clinton campaign aide Charles Delavan replied that it was “a legitimate email" and that Podesta should “change his password immediately.”

Instead of telling the aide that the email was a threat and that a good response would be to change his password directly through Google’s website, he had inadvertently told the aide to click on the fraudulent email and give the attackers access to the account.

Delavan told the Times he had intended to type "illegitimate,” a typo he still has not forgiven himself for making.

Typo led to Podesta email hack: report

3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

4. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Sure, Russia's gonna Russia. But part of the U.S. being the U.S. is to actively oppose them if, for instance, 1) they commit crimes to attack our presidential election; 2) they invade neighbors, especially if they're allies.

Obviously no analogy is perfect. In part I was going for laughs. (That's how I roll.)

But when it comes to nation-states, I'm worried first and foremost about the United States of America. I'd like my President to feel the same way. In fact, our Constitution demands it.

They attacked us. We must impose a stiff penalty to make them think twice about doing it again, and enhance our defenses to prevent them since history shows that their current leadership will keep trying to attack us.

Your mileage may vary. And might be measured in kilometers.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Reminder: Canada is a national security threat. He had no trouble saying that one.

HC and Pete like this.
  6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

SnarkShark likes this.
  7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

This is silly. She was running against Donald Freaking Trump.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

We are gonna fuck your shit up so bad.

10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

So if a guy has videos of you pissing on hookers, are you really going to be able to go all though guy on him in person?

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Dijon mustard. That was the nadir.

12. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

All we need to do is put a red light at the border. I've witnessed first-hand that Canadians are too polite to cross against the light even if there's nobody coming.

HC and typefitter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.