1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

When is the funny bit?

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I know we were told that there would be no math on this section of the interwebs, but let me my friend ask this:

If Bill Clinton (drink, YF!) was impeached for getting a slurpie Lying While President, why the fuck does this ....

In the 497 days since he took the oath of office, President Trump has made 3,251 false or misleading claims, according to The Fact Checker’s database that analyzes, categorizes and tracks every suspect statement uttered by the president.

... mean nothing to Congressional Republicans anymore?

Analysis | President Trump has made 3,251 false or misleading claims in 497 days

And, keep in mind, this report is only through May. The past two months have brought more than 200 additional lies, from the chart I saw the other day. And the scope of the latest lies – see NATO, see Britain, see Helsinki – is by far the worst yet.

So, then, if Clinton got impeached for lying when cornered, and Nixon was run out for Lying While President, too, then what the hell should be the fate of Fucko the Clown, who has lied 3,500 fucking times in only 18 months?

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

NATO's long-sought-after Golden Goose (Ukraine) will plunge us into WWIII.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is it weird to watch Rocky IV and cheer for Drago?

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Why not? WWI basically started in Bosnia.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

To be fair, Clinton was impeached for lying under oath during a deposition, not for lying "when cornered." Clinton was a great president, he really was. But he did lasting damage to the office and the party by doing what he did, including lying "when cornered," even if the motives behind the investigation were political.

All of that said, the 45th President has certainly exceeded the misdeeds done by Mr. Clinton, but there's not nearly the political will to subject him the same (or worse) fate of the 42nd President. And therein lies the problem.

lakefront likes this.
  8. Slacker

After the events of the past week, Fucko can never escape this stuff ...

9. Slacker

Close enough for argument's sake, I figured. Fucko isn't under oath yet, so "when cornered" was the best I could do for a common denominator with Clinton and Fucko. But, yes, I agree with your post.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2018
  10. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

It's like the death penalty in college sports. Certainly, several big-time programs in revenue sports have surpassed the malfeasance (at least by the NCAA's definition thereof) of SMU football. But the NCAA has been loath to pull the trigger, even when it is justified given the consequences of institutional cover-up and/or ignorance of gross miscreance.

(Looking at you, Penn State and Baylor, the latter of which makes Ken Starr the connective tissue between political and athletic-department fiascoes.)

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Of course not. That said, when I can shut down one of YF's little "Oooh, shiny! Lookit that!" threads that neatly, I can't resist.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If there were a Democrat in the White House Congress would find the political will, you betcha.

bigpern23 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.