1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melock

melock Well-Known Member

lakefront likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Eh, screw Apollo. Drago's wife was very complimentary and gracious at the news conference:

"My husband is very happy to have this opportunity. It's his dream.
    In our country, Apollo Creed is well known and very respected. It could be a good victory."

Creed then goes nuts at the mere suggestion of Drago winning:

"Whoa! Wait a minute, now. Hold it. Now you don't really think you're gonna whip me, do ya?"

"Lose, and lose royally, he's gonna do."

"I've been with the best. I beat the best. I retired more men than Social Security!"

"Put that heavy bag with eyeballs in the ring with me and you'll see pain!"

"You shut up, and all these puppets you brought with you! You're history, chump!"

American-Soviet relations, summarized in one 90-second movie clip.

Baron Scicluna and Stoney like this.
  3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Forbes won't put Putin on its list, because they can't verify any of his wealth or the sources. But Bill Browder (the guy Putin wants dead and brought up at the press conference) has put his net worth at $200 billion, which would make him the richest man in the world. Given that Browders' firm, Hermitage Capital, had some massive investment in Russia, and he waded into the oligaruption, I'd give what he says at least a little credence. Meanwhile, while Putin, and the well-connected, have plundered the natural resources of the country to live large, the broader economy hasn't left a lot for the 145 million others. Granted, things are better than they were when it was a pure command economy and people were waiting on line for toilet paper. But millions of people are living in poverty in that country, and it's poverty way worse than what we call poverty.

lakefront likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I still don't understand why they didn't jump in the ring after Drago shoved the ref out of the way when he moved in to stop the fight.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Just leaving this out there.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

A lot of people are calling it that. Many, many people. Believe me.

7. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Almost everyone is saying it. The BEST people. The smartest people. Trust me. It’s true.

8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Team America great.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Joey Lieberman endorses Crowley in this morning’s WSJ

Vote Joe Crowley, for Working Families

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. That's terrible.

I know several people suffering from Trump Derangement Syndrome, and he shouldn't joke about it.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Watch geeks have cataloged some of the timepieces he’s been spotted wearing and put the value of the collection north of $1 million. He has so much money he once tossed an $11,000 Blancpain into wet cement at a factory.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.