1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This is the beautiful thing.

He could potentially win, without actually running a campaign.

2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Now do Hillary.

John B. Foster likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

A perfect example. She's got a bad case of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

I hope she gets well soon.

Justin_Rice likes this.
  4. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Electing Trump President is like the owner of a football team allowing a fan vote to determine the next president.

Say the fans choose Skip Bayless to run the Cowboys, and after 6 games he has replaced the offensive and defensive coordinators, the PR director and the very position coach at least once. They are on their third coach, GM and every person in the organization is updating their resumes.

Then it comes out that the Redskins altered the election results, but everyone in the Cowboys is too embarrassed to admit it, so you are stuck with Bayless for the entire season no matter what damage he incurrs, which could be giving Dez a 10-year max deal and trading Elliot for Peyton Manning, who the Redskins just signed before the trade.

The Russians outsmarted us on the 2016 election and we don’t seem smart enough to cut the bait.

heyabbott likes this.
  5. melock

melock Well-Known Member

That's a lot of drinking.

6. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

That may be one of the most awesome things I have ever seen, just for its pure randomness.

9. YankeeFan

So, a couple of things...

There are three servers that have been in the news. (Or, at least three cases where servers were part of the story.)

First, there's Hillary's server, from which she deleted 30,000 emails, and then wiped the server clean with bleach bit. The firms hosting her server also deleted all backups.

Then there's the DNC server. I don't think I've made a big deal about this, but the fact is that the DNC didn't give the FBI access to the server (server network), and the former FBI director testified that best practice would be for the FBI to access to the machines themselves.

[​IMG]

And then there's the House Democratic Caucus server which went missing:

Now, say what you like, but this isn't a pattern of cooperating with investigators, and being as transparent as possible.

And, you'd need to be resuscitated if Republicans had acted like this.

My apologies to anyone who's ever had to be resuscitated, or has had a loved one who needed to be resuscitated.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

lol

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Says the person who's OK with Trump not releasing his tax returns.

12. YankeeFan

LOL. Did he destroy them, when they were under subpoena?

It's become tradition for candidates to release tax returns, but it's not required by law. You know that.

That's just not even a close comparison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.