1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Beaches? Chris Christie just volunteered to lead the troops.

matt_garth and Sea Bass like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Another kick in the teeth for Americans: When World War 3.0 arrives, we won't be able to find the enemies ...

We asked pedestrians to name ANY country on a map. It didn't go well ...

4. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

He might not like it there. The Adriatic Sea is cold, even in the summer.

5. Slacker

Good rant (on Monday) by John Kasich. ...

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Never in a million years would have thought a major political party would have discussed bailing on NATO and not immediately been thrown to the curb by most Americans. Really surprised Tucker Carlson is giving it legitimacy. The moral yoga Trump supporters are doing to justify continued support is astounding.

7. Slacker

In January 2017, Donald Trump was
    shown evidence that Vladimir Putin
    personally ordered pre-election hacking.
    Trump has since publicly questioned it.

Two weeks before his inauguration, Donald J. Trump was shown highly classified intelligence indicating that President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia had personally ordered complex cyberattacks to sway the 2016 American election.

The evidence included texts and emails from Russian military officers and information gleaned from a top-secret source close to Mr. Putin, who had described to the C.I.A. how the Kremlin decided to execute its campaign of hacking and disinformation.

Mr. Trump sounded grudgingly convinced, according to several people who attended the intelligence briefing. But ever since, Mr. Trump has tried to cloud the very clear findings that he received on Jan. 6, 2017, which his own intelligence leaders have unanimously endorsed.

The shifting narrative underscores the degree to which Mr. Trump regularly picks and chooses intelligence to suit his political purposes. That has never been more clear than this week.

From the Start, Trump Has Muddied a Clear Message: Putin Interfered

[​IMG]

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I follow along pretty close here, but work forced me to miss 30-40 pages earlier this week.

Did we cover this, where Trump keeps saying his dad was born in Germany, even though his dad was born in the United States?

Because while this doesn’t carry nearly the weight as the 25 other things he’s lied about in the last two days, it amazes me all the same. I can’t fathom why someone would lie about this.

Analysis | Trump launches another birther conspiracy theory — this time about his own dad

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Gee, I hope we didn't, uh, hack something to obtain these texts and emails.

10. Slacker

"LOL. Fuck the Commies anyway!"

[​IMG]

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I’m going to guess you thought Lance Armstrong was clean.

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Pathological liars gonna pathological lie.

garrow likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.