1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I absolutely agree about the deficit; I'm just pointing out the illusion that the current administration spouts about being pro-Military when they cut their benefits ever time yet want to spend billions on this stupid wall.

I personally am in favor of making their health care a larger priority; yesterday I saw one of my partners' sons, a Captain in the Army, who just spent 11 mos in the Middle East. Eleven months! Yet he comes home to news like this? I feel terrible about that to someone who just spent 11 most away from home.

Slacker likes this.
  2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump likesVetswho didn’t hurt themselves on duty

matt_garth and tapintoamerica like this.
  3. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

They can’t. No one can defend cutting veterans health care.

4. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I’m thinking they go with, “well, if Obama hadn’t sent so many of our military out from war zones, we wouldn’t have so many veterans in need.”

HanSenSE, Tarheel316 and garrow like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Not to minimize your friend's son's service, but 11 months isn't that bad. There are many career servicemen who have done two or three tours in the sandbox. We've been at war in Afghanistan for seventeen years now. There are lots of poor bastards who have a lot more time in, plus the resulting abuse and injury to their bodies whose benefits are also being cut.

I understand that the one who is close to you gets extra attention, I don't mean to dump on him.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

That didn’t work out so well when Nancy Pelosi said it during the Bush years.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Missed this memo.

9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner