1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

one day, in church, Little St. Don heard the priest speaking of someone named Jesus Christ, who was greater and more powerful than any one of us, paradoxically, through his very gentleness. Little St. Don, thinking deeply upon these things, reasoned thusly: “Gentle, sure, yeah, that’s great. Jesus sounds like a good guy. Pretty famous guy. Huh. Maybe kind of a wimp? Within our school, am I about as famous as Jesus was when alive? Now that he’s dead, sure, he’s super-famous. But, when alive, how did he do? Not so great, I bet. Anyway, I like Saviours who weren’t crucified.” - George Saunders, The New Yorker

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

A live look at Michael Cohen's bathroom mirror.

[​IMG]

garrow and Twirling Time like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Surprised Guilfoyle is leaving Fox News to campaign with Don Jr. for the mid-terms. Won't she be more effective shilling from the set of her show?

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I wonder if Putin met with Trump one-on-one for two hours and came away from the meeting with the personal understanding that Donald Trump is senile, or just mentally unstable.

I mean, it's pretty clear from the 2-minutes-at-a-time that we are exposed to him that he's one or the other. I suppose Putin walked away from his two hours one-on-one and realized the West is utterly fucked.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

TMZ reporting Mueller has subpoenaed Kristin Davis a/k/a the Manhattan Madam. She has been associated with Roger Stone.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I don't think the tape of the discussion with Cohen will have any impact. Everybody knows what Trump is.
    But it still hacks me off that the Christian right will never give him up but will continue to claim its moral superiority over the rest of us.

7. tapintoamerica

It has to be a crime for an attorney to record a client without the client's permission in most if not all states, right?

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

We are recording for quality control purposes

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I believe more states allow one-party consent taping than don't.

10. tapintoamerica

Even between attorney and client?

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Can’t remember for sure what our deadline was that night, 10:30 pm or 11, mountain time, but we did not get the final result and we cut it as close as possible looking for someone credible who’d called be race.

As I recall, it was called 20-30 minutes after we filed. So, 1-2 a.m. East Coast?

lakefront likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.