1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's all about the clumps of cells.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Least shocking news like ever.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This was posted here in friday.

Can any of the trump supporters here explain that quote?
    And since we have only one true trump supporter here, can the others here who dont claim to support trump, but instead post about how deranged the other side is, explain this?

It is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Trump is the 93devil of presidents.

TigerVols likes this.
  5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

He's got some kind of JDV/dyepack mix in him, too.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Provably.
    Demonstrably.
    Bigly.

Slacker and Donny in his element like this.
  7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I take as Trump saying that the stock market has gone up a lot since he was elected, and as long as it is higher than it was then the country is "ahead of the game".

This is a knuckle-headed way to look at the markets, of course, but it fits how he views things.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Although he’s not a ts, I’m going to defer to Ragu on this one.

Stoney asked me some serious questions back in 2016, both before and after the election IIRC, about what I could possibly see in a Trump Presidency beyond “Not Hillary” (and not Obama too).

I said every new President learns on the job, and in this case, being an outsider, he’s going to require a LOT of on-the-job training and hopefully get better as he gains experience.

We just crossed 18 months post-inauguration.

I’m still waiting...

In the meantime, I really think trying to make a whole lot of sense out of this OEC* is enough to drive a lot of people on all sides batshit crazy.

* Here’s what I mean by OEC:

64AE8083-A373-42B9-B567-E48E84316EB9.jpeg

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

No, most of them really don't. If they really thought all those babies were being murdered, they would take extreme action. This is about blindly listening to church leaders or forcing their morality on the rest of the United States. They either aren't really thinking it through or they don't really believe abortion is murder.

Politically, you are correct. Abortion and the ability to influence the Supreme Court are important reasons why so many are still willing to support President Trump, but the bit about saving lives is bullshit in most cases. Maybe you actually believe that, but most really don't.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm also wondering how they arrived at the number of workers getting raises or bonuses. How many of those raises and bonuses were just employers meeting contractual obligations that were built into contracts that existed well before Donald Trump became president. My wife received bonuses that kicked in automatically due to her company achieving annual goals. For a broader example, many teachers unions have contracts with their school districts that build in small annual raises.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.