1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

This might be the best one yet ...

Della9250 and Fred siegle like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. Nice try baby Starman.

By this logic, you and your friends don't give a shit about "babies in cages" since you haven't mounted an armed rescue attempt.

tapintoamerica and Stoney like this.
  3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I don't even think of "bonuses, pay raises and benefits" as being a byproduct of tax cuts, although obviously they can be.

I think of "lower taxes" as being the byproduct. And a lot more than 56,000 people are seeing "lower taxes," which, I assume, was what was intended and is, in effect, a pay raise.

Meanwhile, what happens when you drop a bomb somewhere in the world every 12 minutes?

A Family of 14 Dies in an Airstrike. U.S. Officials Deny They Were Civilians.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

By your logic, you could call every non-Republican on this board baby Starman. I'm sure you could find some weak link between one argument any of us made and one he has made. It's just another of your dishonest rhetorical tactics. It's one of the things people should remember the next time I refuse to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Please find one post by me about babies in cages. I am disgusted by the policy pushed by President Trump, but it's not a valid comparison. Claiming that babies are being put in cages is not the same thing as claiming babies are being murdered.

Try just one day of being honest here. Do it just for the change of pace. You might even like it.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And what's your boy's attendance rate?

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump pays a visit every day to:

7. YankeeFan

Liberals believe Trump is a traitor, and a Putin asset, but the most "extreme action" they've taken is to march in pink pussy hats.

LOL. Nice try dummy.

8. tapintoamerica

Riveting piece from the Post on a Trumpist church in Alabama. It's a little long in the middle, but worth the read.

God, Trump and the meaning of morality

Pretty solid cult following, I'd say:
    “Obama was acting at the behest of the Islamic nation,” she began one afternoon when she was getting her nails done with her friend Linda. She was referring to allegations that President Barack Obama is a Muslim, not a Christian — allegations that are false. “He carried a Koran and it was not for literary purposes. If you look at it, the number of Christians is decreasing, the number of Muslims has grown. We allowed them to come in.”

“The Bible says, ‘If you do this to the least of these, you do it to me,’ ” Sheila said, quoting Jesus. “But the least of these are Americans, not the ones crossing the border.”

To her, this was a moral threat far greater than any character flaw Trump might have, as was what she called “the racial divide,” which she believed was getting worse. The evidence was all the black people protesting about the police, and all the talk about the legacy of slavery, which Sheila never believed was as bad as people said it was. “Slaves were valued,” she said. “They got housing. They got fed. They got medical care.”

All very fine people, I'm sure.

9. tapintoamerica

That's called constitutionally protected free speech. Would you prefer armed violence? What would your reaction to that be? I doubt you'd support it.

10. YankeeFan

Has anyone ever described Trump as a regular church-goer?

As President, Obama rarely ever went to church.

And, if you want to describe his pre-presidency church attendance, you have two options to choose from.

He was either a regular attendee at Rev. Wright's church, or he attended so infrequently, that he was completely unaware of Wright's frequent, anti-American, black nationalist sermons.

Pick one.

11. tapintoamerica

And he's backed by:

garrow likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

LOL. It's fine with me, but it's not "extreme action".

I was told that if you had serious concerns with an issue, you must resort to "extreme action" or you were not truly sincere in your convictions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.