1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

147th Open Walking Thread presented by Johnnie Walker Blue

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, his trouble tee shots today were irons.

2. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Even if he doesn't do that.

While the top of the US list is very impressive, the list of potential captain's picks is not overwhelming right now. So even with Woods likely barely being in the top 30 after the Open, it would be tough to question that pick. He'd probably only appear in three matches, so it's not like he'd do a ton of damage if he stunk. His RC record isn't stellar, but it's not awful and he's almost a lock for a singles win if he's playing decent because his opponent will wet himself.

3. Michael_ Gee

If his opponent is Rose or McIlroy or Stenson or Molinari? I doubt it. Of course, other factors come into the mix. Mickelson is still on the regular qualifier list, right? DJ, Thomas, Koepka, Reed, Simpson and Bubba are all obviously in. I'm not sure about Spieth.

4. Michael_ Gee

I stand corrected. Fowler and DeChambeau are in the top eight, not Simpson, who's ninth. That was before the Open, though.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Molinari went out and won it. Good for him. He’s on fire.

A couple of loose swings sunk Woods. Such is golf.

But, he qualifies for WGC Bridgestone. From where he was a year ago? Damn impressive.

He might not win another major. But after the last six months? He definitely still has the ability to win again.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yes, knew that. Thought he had won something else on the PGA Tour...has not recently. Still, he’s been killing it, as TJ Lavin would say.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

In Molinari's last six starts he's been first or second five times. Since late May, no one's been better.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Where? On an airport runway?

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Ever get tired of being full of shit?

10. This a fantastic. And spot on.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Contending in a major is more important than qualifying for a WGC event that has become so irrelevant that the Tour yanked the event out of Akron and is replacing it with a Champions Tour event.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I do. I think most of us do.

But, Ragu and Moddy think it's fine, and decided to permanently ban @Dick Whitman instead.

Draft saved Draft deleted