1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The double-negative statement has become inoperative.

[​IMG]

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Grant's a complicated guy, like a lot of folks from history, and he took some steps to redeem himself -- though not by the time of Johnson's "Swing Around the Circle" -- but it's a little odd that they would use the moral character of the guy who expelled all Jews from Kentucky, Tennessee and Mississippi to try to beat up Trump.

How do you even write that article without mentioning it?

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

That’s okay, he can lie all he wants cause he’s not a churchgoer. Am I right about that, @YankeeFan?

4. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Wait, I thought he became born again in early 2016? I mean wasn't that why all those evangelical leaders said it was not only OK, but God's will that he should be president?

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You made more than one comment about the church thing. I now everybody lies here and there, but do you really have to do it at least once in every post?

I said none of the comparisons you made match up. You just added quite a few more and made up whatever response from me would fit your argument because you truly are the most dishonest poster on this site and it isn't close.

Please note a number of these positions you put out there are not things that I have said or believe. You just don't care about the truth. Honesty doesn't serve your purpose, so you don't even try.

Claiming that abortion is murder is just empty rhetoric for most of the Republicans who say and write it. You know it's true and lying to cover it up isn't fooling anybody.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Holy shit, is it YF's birthday?

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

My subsequent posts were not unprompted, but rather were in response to the posts of others.

I've lost count of how many Republican policies I've been told would result in death. Everything from tax cuts, to net neutrality, to the choices for the SCOTUS were going to result in death.

And, even thought these deaths would hit the poor, women, the elderly, children, and other minorities hardest, I saw no "extreme measures" taken to prevent, or avenge these deaths.

So, either the left doesn't believe these policies kill, or they just aren't willing to stand up for what they believe.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

12 hours? Oh Hillary has been in the public spotlight for waaaaaay longer than 12 hours...

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Mocking a Parkland survivor. Congratulations, you're right up there with Laura Ingraham.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    melock and Smallpotatoes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.