1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

147th Open Walking Thread presented by Johnnie Walker Blue

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jun 25, 2018.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Tiger had the lead in a major midway on a Sunday; doesn’t that by definition mean he certainly still has the skills needed to win a major again?

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Yes. I think he wins one of the next 2 events he’s in.
    Bridgestone
    PGA in St Louis

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Do you?

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Why? Explain. It’s easy to throw shit at the wall and hope it sticks. Break it down.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Or, that’s the best you have out of him and it’s not good enough.

6. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

When I was at Bellerive six weeks ago, you couldn't see a ball in the rough until you were 3 feet from it. There will be no 250-yard 6-irons in St. Louis. The zoysia fairways are the best I've ever seen; the ball sits up like it's on a frickin' tee. There are only two par 5s for the PGA, so one of TW's advantages is somewhat lessened.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

TW doesn’t eat par 5s any more. His driver now makes him Zach J on 5s.

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Look at it this way. If he doesn't muck up two tee shots -- just two shots out of 270-some -- he's wearing the crown today. AND I believe he would have been sharper down the final five holes if he's holding a lead or a share.

I think that qualifies him as a contender again.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You shit on non-politics threads, and it fucking sucks. You tried to troll the World Cup thread with your shitty-ass troll posts, which people ignored. What a fucking load you are.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't get why people here are taking from yesterday that Tiger qualifying for the WGC is a big takeaway.

Dude was leading a major on the Sunday back nine. The Ohio event is irrelevant.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He claims he didn't know he was leading but I think he saw that leaderboard with his name atop and went, "oh shit." I don't think it's any great coincidence he had his worst two holes immediately thereafter.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't think Tiger does the "oh shit" thing that much. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted