1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yeah. It’s obvious Hillary is not in the best health. But as long as her political career is viable she can’t be honest about it. Sign of weakness on that level.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Her political career cannot possibly be viable anymore. There's just no way. None. She lost to Donald Trump.
    If the Democrats can't come up with a strong, fresh face for 2020 they don't deserve to win. I'm very much in the "my next President needs to be younger than me" camp right now.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm on that bandwagon, too, Moddy. No Biden, no Sanders, nobody old enough to remember when the Beatles played Shea Stadium.

Moderator1 likes this.
  4. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Who are the Beatles? #qualified

Slacker likes this.
  5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What is Shea Stadium?

gingerbread likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Holy Crap, you're right!

1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
      • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
      • Access to private conversations with other members.
      • Fewer ads.
      We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!
    Now I need to go back through my PMs to see if I got confused. Could I somehow have thought that message was intended solely for me?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    Donny in his element and Stoney like this.
  7. YankeeFan

Billy Crystal told a joke, which itself is already old now, where he said his kid asked him if it was true that Paul McCartney was in a band before Wings.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, if you want to say Dean should be taking extreme action, that would be the appropriate comparison. I know you don't care about accuracy and honesty, but I figured I'd try helping out out on this one.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Muddy, you and I and all sentient human beings know HRC isn’t running but other than killing babies and taking your guns away, what better thing for the GOP to raise money from the suckers who used to donate to PTL and other charlatans?

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Because dishonesty and distraction are Yankeefan's default settings. I have one point of view on one issue that is similar to something Starman said when he was here, so he has been working at that nickname for well over a year. Next he'll try 93Devil, Jr. because like me, 93Devil is a Steelers fan.

I do believe it is accurate to say that most people who claim that abortion is murder don't really believe it. It is either hyperbolic, dishonest rhetoric or just a blind regurgitation of the party line. Rather than admit that the party currently lead by President Trump, who is setting new standards for dishonesty by an American president, might actually say something that isn't quite true, he's going to keep throwing the same foolishness at the wall and hoping this will be the time that it sticks.

lakefront likes this.
  11. YankeeFan

Do you disagree with Dean's assessment that Kavanaugh's ascension to the court would lead to certain death for some?

If so, I'm surprised you haven't called him out for his divisive, misleading rhetoric.

12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Those were jokes Billy Crystal was trying to tell? #alsoqualified

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.