1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Dead afternoon there, NC? :)

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I looked up "indefatigable" in the dictionary, and saw this picture: [​IMG]

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. Tell it to Howard Dean. Or the folks that said net neutrality, of all things, would lead to mass deaths.

4. YankeeFan

JFC. You know tar baby is a racist term, right?

franticscribe likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, I ought to be cleaning the kitchen, but Twitter keeps boiling over.

I'm computer addicted, it's true. At least it isn't WoW.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. YankeeFan

I think you probably didn’t know how loaded a term “tar baby” is, but holy fuck is this an ignorant and bigoted statement.

7. Neutral Corner

Pfft. Only if you are set on max snowflake sensitivity or trying to screw with me. You know damn well what I meant, how I was using the term... hell, I explained it right after using the term. I was not using it as a perjorative toward a black person. That's not me, dude. I grew up in Southwest Atlanta. I've been around black folks all my life, and never been in a beef.

I grew up on Uncle Remus. I visited Joel Chandler Harris's home, "The Wren's Nest", as a kid in Atlanta. It's still there, still a tourist attraction, not far from what was the Ted.

So throw that nonsense up if you wish, but you're not going to get any traction out of me on it.

lakefront likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Not around here. I can take you to any number of churches full of those people. Wouldn't have to look too hard, either. There are plenty of pinhead rednecks here, still, like it or not. All it takes is looking at the comments section of al.com after a story about Birmingham runs, good or bad, to see that.

The other side of the coin is that I have friends who are interracial couples, or their kids are. Birmingham is not as stereo-typically racist as people who have not been here think it is. My city has a Civil Rights Museum, does yours?

I'll stand by saying that there are plenty of those folks here, though. It's true.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    lakefront likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Not until I see Putin sitting at the head of a table in the US Capitol, telling American congressmen what to do.

You know, like Joe Biden did at Ukraine's parliament, telling them what to do.

[​IMG]

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Ignorant and bigoted -- you mean like calling John Lewis a liar...

...and never once Trump?

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Whenever I'm in an abortion debate elsewhere, I always find it quite interesting how anti-aborts will screech that Margaret Sanger is Satan herself, then, in the next sentence, tout birth control.

12. YankeeFan

It’s now racist to call an African-American a liar —when he lies?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.