1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It wont happen.

Trump is banning his political opponents from receiving security briefings that have been afforded to all regardless of party for 60 years. He has called for the jailing of political opponents. How soon before he sends out private deputized security forces to incarcerate political opponents, suspend habeas corpus and declare elections too questionable to implement?

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'd be happy if he got the O.J. treatment, complete with incarceration on some lesser offense a year or so down the road.

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Don't see it happening to an ex-president. Especially on a small thing, although I will bet with certainty that in going forensically through Trump's finances and business dealings, Mueller has likely been finding stuff that other people have spent time in Federal prison for.

I am hoping for the Nixon treatment. Except as odd as it is to say, Nixon had a modicum of shame and largely disappeared. Trump won't resign, even when there is ironclad proof of something and they march up to the White House steps telling him is going to be impeached. And once out of office, unfortunately, I can't see him just going away.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Great Twitter thread, thanks.

Azrael likes this.
  5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

No one needs editors. /newspaperpublishers

6. melock

melock Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This won't be pleasant for Paulie.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

$12 billion? Isn't that the price tag for the big military parade Trump wants? Naah, he wouldn't dare cancel that.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I could see Trump mounting a second run for office if he loses in 2020 or gets impeached before that. When he's out of office, though, it will be interesting to see how many of his most vociferous fans remain that way even as someone else becomes the GOP standard bearer.

From what I've seen, Trump fans are all in on Trump.

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's not polite to wish ill health on someone, but a man can hope.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

“This is becoming more and more like a Soviet-type of economy here: Commissars deciding who’s going to be granted waivers, commissars in the administration figuring out how they’re going to sprinkle around benefits,” said Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.). “I’m very exasperated. This is serious.”

'Like a Soviet-type economy': GOP free traders unload on Trump

Smallpotatoes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.