1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You're gonna defend Scott Pruitt's EPA, using a selective reading of cleanup stats by a highly biased source?

I do not find that interesting, actually.

2. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

I agree with your sentiments but Trump would never resign even if he’s impeached by a Democratic House. The votes wouldn’t be there in the Senate, so he would be foolish to resign.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

How's Iran's currency doing? How are sanctions hitting them?

Have protests picked up, or quieted down lately?

Don't tell me what their Mullahs say, tell me what's happening on the ground, and then we can decide if Trump's approach is working,

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Too soon to tell. I think he's hurt them and that it will get worse for them.

The question then becomes "how do they react?".

8. YankeeFan

It's funny too, this place -- this thread even -- used to be a good place to come to for a quick roundup of the days news.

Now, a lot of news goes unnoticed.

The Dow is back over 25,000, but you wouldn't know that from coming here. Sure, we get updates when it goes down, but you'd think it was below 24,000 if you only got your news from here.

North Korea? Trump's summit was a total failure, except for the steps NK is taking:

North Korea has started dismantling a missile-engine test site, as President Trump said the North’s leader, Kim Jong-un, promised he would during their historic summit meeting in Singapore in June, according to an analysis of satellite imagery of the location.

The North Koreans have started taking apart the engine test stand at the Sohae Satellite Launching Station, said Joseph S. Bermudez Jr., an expert on North Korea’s weapons programs, in a report published on Monday on the website 38 North. The dismantling work probably began sometime within the last two weeks, he said.

North Korea has also started dismantling a rail-mounted building at the Sohae station where workers used to assemble space launch vehicles before moving them to the launchpad, Mr. Bermudez said.

Mr. Bermudez compared satellite photos of the Sohae facilities taken on Friday and Sunday to conclude that North Korea had begun taking “an important first step toward fulfilling a commitment made by Kim Jong-un.”

North Korea Starts Dismantling Key Missile Facilities, Report Says

We also usually hear all about mass shootings -- that is unless a Jihadi shoots up Toronto, and then no one wants to talk about it.

9. YankeeFan

But, hey, we got a copy and paste of Richard Nixon's Wiki page, so we have that going for us.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"Let me make another point--sure, I met with Brezhnev on a number of occasions. But I never---never--kowtowed to him in public, or private like some Truman Democrat. And if even if he had requested to extradite a hippy loser like Timothy Leary, I would have rejected it outright in nanosecond!"

[​IMG]

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seriously? The Heritage Foundation "news" operation?

matt_garth likes this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

From Trumpists, it's either that or the Washington Examiner or Fox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.