1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

What's the Happy Valley Rapist? Explain that one.

You're wrong. But you've been wrong before.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Except that it's Wiki. It's an informal, unstructured and anonymous collective.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's the defense he went with the first time he was accused of plagiarism here:

The only time I ever remember being accused of plagiarism on here, you dipshit, I was accused of plagiarising MYSELF. So shut the fuck up before you call someone a plagiarist. It never occurred to you or whoever else was so gleeful to call me a plagiarist that time.

Class warfare summed up in a simple joke (with an accompanying cartoon)

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Sometimes you even read the articles before you post the links.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

They interviewed an eyewitness, from the sound of her voice I would guess an African American woman, and she went into snitches get stitches mode.

It was, and I am paraphrasing," it was a guy definitely a guy, but I don't know what he was wearing I don't know what he looks like I don't know anything."

6. YankeeFan

Hey, dummy, I said the cribbing of the wiki info wasn't plagiarism.

It was just offensive that Ragu was playing professor, when in fact, all he had done was read the wiki entry on Nixon two seconds before writing his post.

This is the plagiarism accusation:

Hudson: (T)he NFL is not a state.

Ragu: Putting aside that the NFL isn't the state.

Hudson: Why does the NFL share revenue between teams(?) … The NFL shares revenue to maximize profit!

Ragu: The NFL shares revenue between teams, but that is because of profit motive.

Hudson: The NFL’s business model is not in place to fulfill some ideological compulsion, to be “fair” for fairness’s sake.

Ragu: They aren't redistributing wealth out of some sense of fairness.

Hudson: In order for people to indulge that discretionary demand, they must have discretionary income. In order to have discretionary income, they must produce something which carries enough value in the market to more than meet their basic needs.

Ragu: In order for people to indulge that discretionary demand, they need discretionary income. To get that discretionary income, they need to produce something that the market values enough to more than meet their basic needs.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You know, I want to ignore this jackhole, but man, he has made it impossible. Those posts are just from the past few weeks (there are pages and pages of him posting about me -- not just trying to have a conversation with me -- that go back way farther). And I am sure I am missing some of the times he has taken shots at me recently and it doesn't include the ones Moddy deleted when this guy was being a major league asshole toward me (which is every day).

I have never posted ABOUT this person, let alone tried to create campaigns about him. Of course I think he's a loser. I have no need to prove it to a bunch of strangers or obsess over him. I have a life. I don't know him and would never really think much about him if I didn't come on here every day to find him posting about me over and over again. He's fucking unhinged and obsessive.

I am sensitive (yet I haven't responded to his nonsense until just now). I am power hungry. I am a misogynist, I am a racist. I am a plagiarist. He'll tell you over and over again what I "believe" (add some distorted mischaracterization of something I posted years ago on here, and when I ignore it, well, post it 20 other times on various threads making it even more grotesque with each post). He'll tell you what I want (add some loony, unhinged narrative him and a few others created in their angry PMs -- they are on here hours and hours every day obsessing over people on a message board. ... and stalking people on and off the board, but honestly I don't want to litigate the craziness ON the board, which is why I have ignored his troll attempts on the board.). He'll tell you what I am (add some ridiculous assumptions a guy who has never met me thinks he knows about me).

This is fucking psychotic. But I'll stipulate that I am every shitty thing he is so invested in telling everyone I am -- creating his campaigns and narratives. The question is why the fuck is someone so obsessed with a STRANGER (who never even responds to him) that he is stalking him and trying to create one campaign after another about him a message board?

Iron_chet, melock, lakefront and 3 others like this.
  8. YankeeFan

Do you agree with shottie that posting a tweet is analogous to plagiarism, and thus is similar to what Ragu did when he stole someone else's words, and posted them here as his own?

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Are you Lynn Hoppes?

lcjjdnh, Slacker and YankeeFan like this.
  10. YankeeFan

LOL.

Did you write that, or did @typefitter write it for you?

The idea that you can make this go away by calling me a loser is hysterical.

You do post racist, slut shaming things, and don't expect to get called on it.

Not sure why that is.

Songbird likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I think the better question is why does that person keep being allowed to slither back time and time again like that chick in The Ring?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Tom had a good thread last night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.