1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And more for gas.
    [​IMG]

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

“China is targeting our farmers, who they know I love & respect, as a way of getting me to continue allowing them to take advantage of the U.S. They are being vicious in what will be their failed attempt. We were being nice - until now!” Trump wrote on Twitter.

Until now, dammit!

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

5. poindexter

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Maybe they could ask Daddy for a loan.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

GM
    Soybean Farmers
    Whirlpool
    Harley Davidson

Consumers goods company Kimberly-Clark Corp. KMB, -0.16% , for example, said its numbers were impacted by $200 million of higher input costs, driven by $125 million in pulp and $45 million in other raw materials. The maker of Scott tissues cut its full-year earnings guidance and said it would aggressively manage costs and seek ways to raise prices.

ZTE is doing well

9. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

From "an act of war" to castrated hawk--Bolton announces Putin visit pushed back to after "witch hunt" is concluded.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You know, I really want to ignore you. But that is just really wrong, and a shitty thing to post. And I have to respond.

I remember what you are talking about, and apparently tweedle dee was trying to reference it yesterday.

What you are talking about wasn't a NY Times article. I have never worked for the New York Times.

But it was a thread on here related to something that I was working on at the time, which was what sucked for me, because I made a mistake by weighing in. And no, I didn't lift anything "word for word." I posted about something I spent months researching for a serious of editorials I was part of a team of people that worked on. There was a thread related to it, and I made the mistake of posting , because it was something very close to me, and someone hit google and found our work. I should have stayed away from the thread, in hindsight, but I didn't. And I paid for it, because I couldn't really respond the way I wanted to because I was afraid of jeopardizing my contract at the time if the people I was working for saw this board and I came off the way others were acting. Not that I didn't try to explain, but so much for that on here when people (including you) are just piling on and being jerks toward you.

So go pound sand.

And no, for what it is worth, what I posted about Richard Nixon yesterday didn't come from a Wiki page, although it might as well have, and it still wouldn't have been "plagiarism." Anyone who saw the movie Frost Nixon or read John Farrell's biography (which I did a few months ago) could have posted what I did. What my stalker bolded were basic facts that have been in the public record for about 40 years, such as Nixon having been nearly broke and rushing through his memoirs for the paycheck and doing the Frost interviews because he was in desperate need of money or the annecdote about his bank account being near empty after he resigned.

But some shithead on here posts "plagiarism" over and over again and you weigh in with, "You can at least credit wiki." No. Not anymore than if I had posted that Nixon was from San Clemente, would I have found a source to cite for a post on here. Worse, though, this is you. You jump in now to try to pile on some more and talk about me attacking someone who "caught me." I wasn't responding to him "catching me," because it was dumb. I was responding to him "catching me" 10 times a day, every fucking day. Stalking me around a message board posting shitty things about me, making up shit about me, and telling everyone over and over who and what I am in his obsessive mind. As for you, whatever "issues" you have seen arise with me? I could give a shit.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  12. poindexter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.