1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You are muddling different things. And stop psychoanalyzing me with your loopholes. The thread you were talking about had nothing to do with a New York Times article. Said again (because I remember it and you are throwing a lot of accusations at me). But keep saying it over and over again. I can't find the thread either, although I don't obsess over this board the way some people do, including you apparently, to where I keep track of decade old threads and keep referencing them. Which is kind of the point. Some guy has been stalking me day after day, acting like an asshole toward me. The obsession will take him to posts from a decade ago if some other bullshit doesn't create the negative reaction he wanted.

That thread you referenced got into something I had worked on, and was still working on at the time, I believe. Believe me or don't. JR was in angry "JR has strong political views and is going to yell at people" mode, and he was just being rabid toward anything I posted at the time anywhere on the board. What I posted wasn't a political opinion, though. He must have hit google, and when he linked to the editorial or editorials (I can't remember), he started with "plagiarism," and was really shitty about it. Because of the proprietary work behind it, not because of a "word for word" or "paragraph for paragraph" thing, or whatever you want to allege. I tried hard to get him to stop, as I remember it, but it was typical of this place and the Lord of the Flies thing commenced. It was work I had spent a couple of months of my life working on, and which had a small impact on something, and it is still something I am proud of.

As for that thing you quoted, maybe I did lift it from a blog post I was looking at. I can say it is coincidental, and it honestly might have been, because I don't remember the thread or that blog, and I have no clue. It's more than 7 years old. I also know I would never have intended to pawn off something from someone else as my own, even anonymously on a message board, so take that for what it is worth. I also can't believe I am litigating something 7 years old, whether I was right or wrong. What am I supposed to say, other than, I have absolutely no memory of that thread 7 years later?

I get that there are a few people who spend their lives obsessing over this board, and right now everything is a referendum on me as a person, a narrative, endless sad drama by someone who is on here 24 hours a day obsessing over people and acting nasty all day long. LTL even came out of exile (he must lurk) lickity split to throw a few insults at me. I can't imagine the messages that are making their way through the clown car.

I'll say one thing, aside from anything dumb or wrong I have ever done on this board -- cribbing something from somewhere if I ever did it (and I still honestly don't think I would have), at a different point n my life, I had work in I don't know how many publications when that was a focus for me, mostly magazines, but also including at one time, stuff that was syndicated to hundreds of newspapers. I have done some work that I am very proud of for one of the best editorial pages in the world. A lot of resources were devoted to that work. I have never plagiarized anyone when it came to my work. Never been accused of it. And if I ever posted something on here without attribution (I certainly haven't recently in posts I actually remember) or seemed to be pawning it off as my own, even though I post anonymously on here, I am very sorry and it would have been really wrong of me.

At the same time, just because some shithead is stalking me and taking endless shots at me every day, and you decide to pile on, doesn't mean it isn't sad that you saw the need to litigate me (once again) for no reason based on a thread you didn't have a clue about, and when I responded, litigate a post that is 7 years old. Seriously, get a life.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Ragu gets called out for his posts, responds by taking personal shots at me, stoney, and JR.

That used to be frowned upon.

Give up the victim act Ragu.

You get less shit here that you deserve specifically because you're a moderator.

A poster who displayed the casual racism and misogyny that you've exhibited, and who was as abrasive as you, who hurled insults like you do, who wasn't a moderator would be strung up by the mob.

You've avoided that fate, and thought it was because you were some wise old sage.

It's only because you'r known to be overly sensitive to any criticism, and use your moderating authority to exact revenge.

The other moderators know it -- and have said as much behind your back. They just don't want to deal with it.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Worst mea culpa ever.

8. YankeeFan

How many at Vox covered up for rapist Emmett Rensin?

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Total disgrace. Trump’s mad because a reporter asked him about a legitimate major story and something he has often tweeted about.

Yeah. He’s a tough guy.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Bravo, good sir. This is undoubtedly your best journalism #whataboutism yet!

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

What’s this emoluments stuff? Sounds like a balm.

EC67F19B-C4EA-485A-B20E-F8B4F12B7EF8.gif

12. YankeeFan

Yglesias is a Vox founder. Rensin was one of his editors, and the company consisted of about 20 people.

Rensin was on the original Shitty Men in Media list.

Has Yglasias ever addressed the credible rape claims against Rensin?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.