1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The gears of the Whatabout Machine grind on.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I saw it, and it's an interesting article. He's unpredictable as hell, and the Chinese don't understand that. Reading that as Trump's having some sort of master plan is a gigantic miscalculation, though.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

You guess she knows that "getting dirt on election opponents from foreigners" is actually a crime?

garrow likes this.
  4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Link?

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

FWIW, the blog Calculated Risk published a list of the top 25 quarters for GDP growth starting in 2000. This quarter ranks 11th. Top was 1st quarter of 2000 with a 7.5% figure. Interesting (to me) tidbits. There have been 74 quarters in this century and only these 25 have three percent or better growth. 2. There is absolutely no correlation between the strong quarters in election years and the subsequent results of those elections. Both Obama and Bush had stronger quarters than this ones in 2014 and 2006 respectively, and look what then happened.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Irfam Kirimca, director of ticket operations for the Yankees, is on the list of prosecution witnesses in the Paul Manafort trial.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And here we thought Trump was just a football guy.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, no. And Yankee Fans love him.

HanSenSE and TigerVols like this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Oh honey, you don’t really think I’m going to sift through seven years of posts on a summer day to comfort your ignorance, do you?
    Anyone who was here in 2011 remembers the ass you made of yourself during the Penn State scandal.
    Many have gone. Some have not. It’s all documented on multiple threads, unless you deleted the posts - and I would bet my retirement savings you deleted at least a half-dozen.

Fly, Songbird and JC like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.