1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I heard the Federalist Party is planning a comeback.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I don't know how such a thing might happen, and it would be a long-term play, but America really needs a viable third party. Life isn't binary.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

What she is proposing is essentially a government bailout of businesses that refuse to pay a living wage.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

See the cost of a college education for reference.

And, how would it work? Can I just rent a nicer place, even if places in my budget are available, and then get a subsidy, or would they only give a subsidy if rents in a particular city were judged to be too high?

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Sure as hell looks like the Communist Party is on the upswing!

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. TigerVols

Now do farmers and their $13 billion.

Kato likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You're going to need more than one of the 1-percenters going all in for that even to get off the ground, unfortunately. And they would have to present a platform with serious mass appeal across the board.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

only millionaires deserve tax breaks

9. TigerVols

Meh, it's a binary system...the one-and-a-half parties that are always in charge will never arrange for a third seat at the table.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The only thing helping Rudy is people are left with "he can't be that stupid can he? He must be right."

tapintoamerica likes this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

OK, let's say the money is there to make a push. What reforms would they present that are truly unique from one side or the other? I mean, I know there are some. I'm just curious to what you all think that would be in a perfect world.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Collusion was supposed to be some grand conspiracy, in which the folks running the Trump campaign, worked with known Russian operatives, to share data -- including information hacked from the DNC -- to plan campaign advertising, and campaign stops.

The timing of the release of emails was coordinated, and the campaign and the Russians worked together to determine which voters, and which states, to target with specific messages. Even the analytics used to determine the messaging was supposed to be stolen from facebook, and other sources.

Now, "collusion" has been defined down to one, long acknowledged meeting, that lasted 20 minutes, yielded no actionable intelligence, and has all the looks of a Fusion GPS setup, since the very same people were working for Fusion GPS to work against the Magnitsky Act.

So, yes, if that's all the evidence of collusion, than it's not illegal, and not concerning.

It's also laughable that the same folks who see this one meeting as a treasonous crime, see no issue with the Clinton campaign hiring a former foreign spy, who paid unknown Russian sources, for unverified dirt on Trump.

Cry me a fucking river.

Run a better candidate, and make a campaign appearance in Wisconsin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.