1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trumpists have decided to go after Tom Hanks now.

2. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Tom Hanks? I thought everybody loved Tom Hanks. Who are these fucking people?

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Well, it worked on you at least.

melock likes this.
  4. typefitter

I mean, the obvious and simplistic breakdown is right, centre, left. Much like Canada, I have to think a solid centrist party would become the natural leading party. I think a majority of people just want responsible, decent government. Don't tax and spend like idiots, but don't be assholes. Don't govern the shit out of things, but regulate when regulations are necessary.

I'm pretty sure if a reasonably charismatic person ran for president on that kind of vague, "I won't fuck this up any worse than it is, and might even fix a couple of things" platform, they'd win in a landslide.

5. typefitter

A partisan isn't going to find fault with anything that let his party win.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

You are an embarrassment to not only your family but this country. To say that you are fine with the above is abhorrent. YOUR candidate met with and openly courted the worst rival the US has had in my lifetime. Nothing more needs to be said. Go ahead and rationalize it that "its not a crime", its un-American. That's not the conduct that was drilled into me from kindergarten through high school. You must not have gone to a US high school because day 1, the USSR/Russia was the sworn enemy of the US and the ONLY country capable of wiping us off the planet. Its the reason we had nuclear bombing drills, the reason we built concrete bunkers, the reason we put military leaders below ground with nuclear ICBMs with one job, hold onto the launch codes and be ready to fire. No that's not acceptable.

History will not treat you well, your off-spring (shudder) will unearth your thoughts 30 years from now and be embarrassed to call you an ancestor because you simply were not an American.

melock and TigerVols like this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Well, see, he keeps celebrating the GIs from WWII. What did they do? They killed Nazis. And these Trumpists on Reddit are Nazis.

Plus they are all legally insane and should be committed to asylums.

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I was always a Chris Pontius guy, but nothing they did ever made me laugh harder than that bit.

9. typefitter

Jackass is like the Spice Girls for immature middle-age men. Of course I identify with the one who can shit on command.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. Inky_Wretch

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Republicans. Family values, moral high road, etc., etc. ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.