1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not a surprise, but a further sign that the a Republicans will hold together, and confirm Kavanaugh, even if no Dems go along.

Of course, if the Republicans hold, then several Dems will vote with them. No point in losing your seat voting against a justice who got confirmed anyway.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Judged on the totality of their views character and opinion."

How'd that go for Garland?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I hope we get to the bottom of what was going on at the Trump Tower meeting.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Given that we know Mueller's accessed texts between Russian military and their commanders, I'm guessing we probably will. Don't you?

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll stand corrected (I was barely alive in '65) but my point still stands, if you grew up in the 60's and 70's I'm sure you remember that THEY were the enemy, the sole real military threat; you don't become their lap dog.

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

(I'm certain you've been too busy re-posting your twitter feed here to respond to my post, otherwise you already would have ..... but just in case, I'll post it again)

To be clear: The only evidence that it "turned out to be a bait and switch, where they were actually lobbied on the Magnitsky Act," is the word of the known liars on the Trump Campaign. .... right?

And to recap:

1. We never met with Russians
    2. OK - some folks on the outside of the campaign met with Russians, but that was before they were on the campaign.
    3. OK - Junior met with Russians, but it was just about the Magnitsky Act
    4. OK - Junior met with Russians to get Hillary's emails, but it turns out the Russians didn't help us at all, and the President for sure didn't know this meeting was going to happen.

... What do you think the next version of the story will sound like, or are you saying, "OK - this time they're totally telling the truth"?

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Anybody can be an enemy . . . if you go out of your way to declare them one.

And the Pentagon will never get the funding it wants unless it can construct the biggest, baddest enemy possible.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

The point is, ladies and gentlemen, that collusion - for lack of a better word - is good.

Collusion is right.

Collusion works.

Double Down and garrow like this.
  9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You know, this passed by without a ton of notice, and it would leave a mark on most normal people. That's a black-belt-worthy throat chop.

melock likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Bud Fox: "But why do you need to wreck this country?"
    Donald Trump: "Because it's wreckable, alright!"

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Build more fucking housing (appartments, condos, houses, all of it!)
    It increases supply and also creates jobs!
    (And repeal restrictive zoning laws that make it hard to build new housing)

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No one is going to lose their seat voting for or against Kavanaugh except maybe Susan Collins in 2020. People just don't care about government process even if and when they should.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.