1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. The racist stereotype is bad, but the girl waking up to discover she had sex with somebody she wouldn't have even spoken to if she was coherent is particularly troubling, as was her reaction.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

It was better as Some Kind of Wonderful.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I forget: Was he tough and ruthless or rough and toothless?

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Paraquat-
    I agree with you but I don't think it was necessarily made for young men. As a teen I could not relate to it in any way.
    The Duk Dong actor, who was from Utah, has said he dropped exaggerated Asian accents for his future movie roles.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Not to excuse that, but when they wake up, it's the boy who asks if anything happened. It's somewhat ambiguous, not clear that anything actually did.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OscarMadison, Inky_Wretch and garrow like this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. I'm not sure why you think I'm obligated to reply to every hypothetical question Justin sends my way. If there was anything criminal about the Trump Tower meeting, I'd expect Mueller to bring charges as a result. He hasn't. Nothing has leaked out to indicate there was any criminality, or that Mueller is going to bring charges regarding that meeting. And, I haven't read a single good article that spells out what the criminality might even be.

2. It's hilarious to me that you would raise the plagiarism issue again, and try to use it as a punch line against me. A prominent poster not only did commit plagiarism, but he basically admitted to it. Yet, you and slacker came out of it looking as bad, or worse, than the poster who committed the act. That you don't see that is embarrassing.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That is true. If I remember correctly, she was fairly certain that they had sex. Both were underage and got drunk to the point they had no clue about their actions. Neither of them was capable of giving consent and there were no consequences.

I get that it was supposed to just be dumb fun and it was a long time ago, but we've been having these conversations about putting things in a modern context. I put this story in the context of my own teenager, who just turned 15, and it's not so funny.

OscarMadison and Neutral Corner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.