1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Justin's posts were pointing out the way President Trump and his supporters keep moving the goalposts on this one. Their story keeps changing. Why do that if there isn't something to the investigation? It is the type of behavior guilty folks might engage in. That is the point you continue to duck.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I've yet to see someone prosecuted, as it were, for plagiarizing on an anonymous message board.

I do enthusiastically support our Cite Your Work battle cry, though. :cool:

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yes, I think YF has a skewed view of who came out looking worse on this one.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Posting this here without any expectation that @YankeeFan will rebut these facts.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Depends on definition of 'is.'

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Populism!

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

MUH QWEST FOR TROOTH

Slacker likes this.
  8. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

1. You didn't answer my question.

2. My question wasn't a hypothetical.

You said:

My question was how do you have such certainty about the contents of the meeting, when the participants at that meeting have lied over, and over, and over, and over again about a) the meeting even happening and b) what the meeting was about?

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I would think you wouldn't look kindly on someone representing others words as their own, regardless of who it is. I would think most of this board would.

You're right, it is just a message board but can you imagine the uproar if the coffee machine repair man did this?

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That would be mainly because he's set himself up for ridicule on so many other counts.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

lakefront and garrow like this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

OK, I'll tell you what...

Why don't we ask some journalists, who are well respected by the entire board, and who didn't weigh in yet.

Maybe @Azrael , @typefitter and @Double Down will give us their opinion of whether or not:

A) You can commit plagiarism on a message board
    2) Evidence produced was damning
    iii) You look silly for defending what has now been basically admitted to, and thinking that you came out of the episode looking good

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.