1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

(From Den of Geek) Amazingly, this most audaciously staged of shoot-outs wasn’t even in the original script. Ness and Stone were originally meant to engage in a gunfight inside a train carriage. When Paramount bosses concluded that building a 30s train would stretch the budget too far, De Palma came up with the sequence* seen in the finished film, shot on location in Chicago’s station to save money.
    * - which De Palma admitted was inspired by a scene in Eisenstadts's Battleship Potempkin

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

abstain

SnarkShark likes this.
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Figured.

4. YankeeFan

Trump goes after the Koch brothers:

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Sounds like crazy Ludwig is locked in the Toilettenhäus with his Telefon again.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It's difficult to take off 15 sweaters.

7. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Hey. I made the Yankeefan archives! I'm somebody!
    You said : a prominent poster not only did commit plagiarism (unproven); but he basically admitted it (no, I think he just stopped responding to your nonsense). I guess the rest might be true because it's just your opinion about slacker and shotglass. But it's a wrong opinion, I certainly don't think any less of them.
    And everybody look! Yankee has tried to move the conversation away from our idiot president again.

melock and jr/shotglass like this.
  8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

How dumb is it to lob bombs at the Koch machine?

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

He'll just have a summit with them later and call them "champions of freedom."

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Youve gotta be kidding.

Hudson: In order for people to indulge that discretionary demand, they must have discretionary income. In order to have discretionary income, they must produce something which carries enough value in the market to more than meet their basic needs.

Ragu: In order for people to indulge that discretionary demand, they need discretionary income. To get that discretionary income, they need to produce something that the market values enough to more than meet their basic needs.

Yeah, ..."unproven."

lcjjdnh and Songbird like this.
  11. YankeeFan

They’re still going to spend money to get Kavanaugh confirmed.

They didn’t support Trump in 2016,and won’t in 2020.

They’ll still mostly support republican candidates, and will still support the same policies they’ve always supported.

And, it was their statement that drew out this Trump tweet. So, what’s the downside? It’s not going to change anything, but let’s Trump look like a populist, independent of billionaire republican donors.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.