1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Collusion has been his word, right? Not a word anyone has used in a legal sense? He just says it over and over again, and now he is trying to turn his narrative into everyone's narrative.

What are crimes, I believe (and I don't know the exact statute names) would be things like conspiracy, coordinating with a foreign adversary against the U.S. (Logan Act stuff), conspiring to affect the election through fraudulent means, accepting things of value from foreign nationals that violate campaign finance laws. .... and of course obstruction of justice.

On top of it, any shenanigans in Trump's financial dealings that had him money laundering when he was desperate for cash, for people who Putin controls (the compromat -- a term we've all learned by now), would be problematic from a patriotic perspective, if not a legal perspective.

But let's let Bob Mueller do his work and see what he finds out. I think most of us can guess with reasonable certainty that the charlatan-in-chief probably has a lot to worry about. The question is what Mueller can prove, and how impervious the truth will be to the culture of bullshit and obfuscation that has taken hold.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Allow me to channel my inner Yankee Fan:

Donald Trump and Donald Trump Jr. both said, "no collusion," and so I guess that's it. There was clearly no collusion.

melock likes this.
  3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I was in a car with him once during a campaign. I could have changed the world for the better that day. I didn't know what he would become.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I'm 85 percent sure that Mueller will have Trump on something clearly impeachment-worthy. The remaining 15 percent of my certainty has been applied to something actually being done about it.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure. So, the sale of them would be illegal. But, the publishing of the instructions would seem to be protected. What's a little less clear is whether you could print one for your own use -- though not for sale.

True. Which makes this mostly a non-issue, but maybe a few folks will get scared by it.

As long as I can easily access Inspire Magazine's How to Make a bomb in the Kitchen of your Mom, which the Boston Bombers used to build there bombs -- and I can -- I'm not going to get too worked up about this.

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

You could have at least throat-punched him ...

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Where bombs?

There bombs!

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Yeah but what if they're wearing tan suits and eating fancy mustard with arugula. .... Will you get worked up, then?

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There are some cases - antique firearms - where you can get away with owning one without a serial number. Otherwise, it doesn't matter if you're not selling it - just owning a firearm without a serial number is illegal.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It's a First Amendment issue. The Government shouldn't be in the business of restricting IP. Instead, we need to, as a society, find a way to limit the need and desire for guns; you can start that by banning handguns and settling the legality of the Second Amendment once and for all.

That said, I imagine the right-wing-wacko funding machine is already purchasing 3D printers for every MS-13 cell it can find. All 5 of them.

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Like someone on MSNBC noted, death is not a crime, either. But murder is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.