1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Did Ragu hack your account?

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

A worker for those businesses has no claim to that cash or the business itself. They are contracting their services for a wage. Nothing more, nothing less.

Think how much more they could make if they charged the workers the items they need to do their jobs, like in the good old days of American business, when labor really knew its place.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I feel like you’re trying to set me up for some kind of trick question, but yes, journalists should be able to participate fully in the political process.

They should be up front with their audience, and in some cases may need to recuse themselves from covering certain candidates and/or issues.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

You should lay off Ragu. Didn't he beg you to come back? ;)

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

When you think of it as a cult it all makes sense.
    'Cult' and 'followers' are perfectly sober terms for what is going on here. There's no need to dress it up.
    The very word cult comes from the Latin noun for worship, which is what this broken needy 'man' so covets.

lakefront likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Harassing the media? Just doin’ it for the ‘gram!

7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus H. Christ

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If the venue is a building, the Secret Service can and does forbid guns.
    I'll tell you a tradition that has to end because of the divisive political culture: POTUS throwing out the first pitch at a baseball game. I always wondered why the Secret Service would ever allow it after, say, Nov. 23, 1963. All in the open with as many as 50K in attendance, etc. The one time when I didn't really fear anything would happen was when Bush did it at the World Series shortly after 9/11.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And you know the problem? The people at that klan rally are dumb enough to believe it.

11. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this. Of course all Democrats, and many independents, want Trump to lose in 2020. But not for someone with largely the same policies. Drives me nuts when Dems say, "I want W. Bush back."

Trump being awful doesn't make W a good president.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The spin seems to be that he was talking about buying alcohol.

Of course, given he’s not gone grocery shopping ... ever ... I don’t think that’s the case either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.