1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. Keep taking Ragu’s financial advice. See where that gets you.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I'm of the opinion that companies shouldn't be getting subsidized meat or dairy or anything else (or any of the tangled messes of corruption that leads to how politicians mess with these markets). And nor does a company have any responsibility to anyone except their owners (before anyone goes there, that doesn't mean I am saying they should ever act unethically, break laws, etc., things people sometimes conflate with things like what I said). But when you own a business, your workers are worth to you what their productivity brings to your business, which presumably helps determine how much they are worth to you in wages.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

E2E07E93-838F-4E20-878D-B638AAF95A6A.jpeg

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I always enjoy the "media doesn't notice" post followed by a link to a member of the media noticing the story.

Yeah, but the stories didn't go viral like Obama and Biden at the bakery. Therefore, it's the media's fault.

lakefront, melock and Patchen like this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Random thought: If I were Putin, I'd be tempted to imitate how American corporations have approached elections here for a long long time and offer covert illegal aid to both parties in 2018. That way, they're both compromised. I'm a Democrat, but I'm sure out of all my party's candidates in 2018 there's bound to be a nontrivial number dumb and/or venal enough to fall for the offer.

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Well, also, thinking people understand that Trump giving away $400,000 with one hand means a little less when he's grifting millions and millions and spending millions more in public money on his Mar-A-Lago lifestyle with the other.

lakefront, HanSenSE, melock and 2 others like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

We're talking Trumpists. They aren't thinking people.

10. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

That clip from Jim Acosta at the rally... Well, let's just say that crowd won't be confused with the Mensa convention down the hall.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I grew up with Alex. Great to see him on the shows. He's on CNN quite a bit.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

"They couldn't spell TINMHITTMAL if you spotted them the T, I, N, M, H, I, T, T, M and the A."

-Hollywood Henderson

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.